Custom FP - Alternative Briarwood & Black Acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tortoise

Tortoise

Here's my 7th complete pen, made of Alternative Briarwood from Pipemaker's Emporium and Black Acrylic. Loosely based on the Delta Indios, it's definitely oversized. Comments and suggestions appreciated!

Dimensions:

Length capped: 155mm
Length uncapped: 142mm
Cap length: 67mm
Cap diameter (maximum):17.7
Barrel diameter (maximum): 17.5
Section diameter: 13mm - 11.5mm

1_Pen-07-altbriar3.jpg

1_Pen-07-altbriar4.jpg

1_Pen-07-altbriar1.jpg

1_Pen-07-altbriar2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

InvisibleMan

Alright, I admit it. I saw the photos at top of the forum and I've been stalking:biggrin:

Awesome job Renee! I absolutely love it. The materials look perfect together and the shape is very fun. Nice one.

plano_harry

Wow, I love the shape and the colors! The cap finial seems a little tall, but I would still like to have it! Is the alt briarwood resin?

Tortoise

Wow, I love the shape and the colors! The cap finial seems a little tall, but I would still like to have it! Is the alt briarwood resin?

Thanks! The finial is tall, isn't it? I'm going to try another one to get the proportions more like the Delta.

I am fairly certain the Alt Briarwood is resin. This was my first resin to turn, and I love it. It's really easier to shape than acrylic. I was holding off on trying PR until I felt more comfortable with the Woodchuck, but I'm so glad the briarwood lured me into giving it a shot.:)

Tortoise

Alright, I admit it. I saw the photos at top of the forum and I've been stalking:biggrin:

Awesome job Renee! I absolutely love it. The materials look perfect together and the shape is very fun. Nice one.

Thanks! I stalk your web site looking for pretty new blanks. :biggrin:

Robert111

I love the shape and the combination of materials. Your finish always looks great, Renee. Nice to see that you aren't playing it safe. You aren't afraid to take chances and experiment. I think we're going to see some wonderful pens from you.

Tortoise

I love the shape and the combination of materials. Your finish always looks great, Renee. Nice to see that you aren't playing it safe. You aren't afraid to take chances and experiment. I think we're going to see some wonderful pens from you.

I especially like the shape of this one. Well done!

Interesting shape, Renee! I like everything about it!

Thanks, guys! The shape really makes it comfortable to hold. I wasn't too sure it would be until I actually tried it out, though.:rolleyes:

Tortoise

First sale! Someone on FPN talked me into selling this pen, so I'm officially in business now. Many, many thanks to all of you on this forum for your help and advice!!!

wizard

That is a gorgeous custom pen! Really like the design with unique profile and rich contrasting colors. Very elegant! Congratulations on the sale! Regards, Doc:)

Tortoise

That is a gorgeous custom pen! Really like the design with unique profile and rich contrasting colors. Very elegant! Congratulations on the sale! Regards, Doc:)

Thank you so much, Doc! The sale stunned me, and then I got a commission for another one that just blew me away!

Top Bottom