Custom Fountain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gregory Hardy

Gregory Hardy

This was a little out of the norm for me – the clip was a different style that I had been playing with and it became the basis for a series of others. Shown here with a DiamondCast "Silver Series" blank (@McKenziePenworks) with a black resin section and trim, nickel clip and accent rings, and Bock #5 nib. This was my entry for the "Kitless Contest" here on IAP - I appreciate those contests coming along (thanks again to Steve for his work to make it happen) - it gives me an excuse to try something different! The only purchased parts were the Bock nib and converter from Beaufort Ink.

Attachments

• Two.jpg
    Two.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 271
  • Three.jpg
    Three.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hokie

I too joined the kitless contest and was/am envious of the details and mechanics that clearly went into pens like yours. I've only really just got started in the category myself.

I'm especially interested in how you approached the clip from scratch. Would you mind sharing how you made it or what the material is and how it performs? I have been scouring the internet trying to find ways to make simple, elegant clips for my kitless pens. I am not sure what material is best, if there needs to be tempering involved, or if it's just futile to even bother. Clips meant for kit pens are fine for some, but I'm not too fond of how they have to be incorporated and what it does for the overall look.

I'd bend over backwards to reliably make something like this:

Thanks!

Gregory Hardy

Gregory:

I'm interested in the process of clip making.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Charlie
Yeah...so to you (and the other guys)...I am not really a "clip maker," but I would be glad to start a new thread on the topic. Let me put some pix together - "Clip Making 101" (or "Clip Making for Dumbies" so I understand what I did, said and wrote) and that'll be a fun new twist on this forum.

Give me a week. I am starting some new stuff so pictures will be easy.

I hope this forum continues to be a "learning place" as I thought it was when I joined.

Keep the faith and make pens. Authors everywhere depend on us.
-Greg

Top Bottom