Custom Ebonite with roll stopper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Twissy

Twissy

Just completed this commission. Cumberland Ebonite with a sterling silver frog as a roll stopper. 6mm JoWo broad ground to an italic.
Cheers for looking!

IMG_1374.JPGIMG_1375.JPGIMG_1377.JPGIMG_1378.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

I hate to say this, but your clip looks way much like a frog...were you aware of that? :wink:

Actually, the possibilities are endless once the customer gets past the "need" for a clip. Of course, some will want to actually clip their pen in the pocket, but many are so used to there being a clip on a pen, that their mind will not allow for anything else. I vote for frog!

Very nice work!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
As many of the above.. The FROG is Way Cool!!!

However... The rest of the workmanship on the pen is excellent!!!

I(ribbit) love the (ribbit) way you (ribbit) blended the (ribbit) grains of wood (ribbit)...

Anyway... That is a GREAT LOOKING PEN!!!!!!!!!:bananen_smilies051:

Twissy

Thanks for the comments guys:)

I hate to say this, but your clip looks way much like a frog...were you aware of that? :wink:

Actually, the possibilities are endless once the customer gets past the "need" for a clip. Of course, some will want to actually clip their pen in the pocket, but many are so used to there being a clip on a pen, that their mind will not allow for anything else. I vote for frog!

Very nice work!

Cheers Steve! I reckon on the custom commissions only 1 in 5 ask for a clip, and I'm pretty sure it's not due to the extra cost.

No flies on you,,,,,,,,or your pen! :wink: :)

Certainly not Pete!But, a silver fly as a roll stopper would be quite cool!

OZturner

Absolutely Magnificent in all Area's, John.
Terrififc Material, Great Profile and Proportions,
Superb Fit and Finish, and a Frog to boot.
What more could anyone want.
Congratulations,
Brian.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
All round very impressive!!
The ebonite pattern alignment is top notch attention to detail. :good::good::good:
Did you thread the parts randomly and then trim back the shoulders till the pattern aligned?:confused:

Twissy

Thanks Brian!

All round very impressive!!
The ebonite pattern alignment is top notch attention to detail. :good::good::good:
Did you thread the parts randomly and then trim back the shoulders till the pattern aligned?:confused:

Cheers Steven. Random......otherwise I might have had to use maths :eek:
Got the section to align first by trimming the end of the barrel threads, then the cap by trimming the end of the cap.
John

wizard

John, WOW....I'm not sure how I missed this. That pen is one of the most creative pens that I have seen coupled with your customary mark of perfection. That piece of art is going to to be one heck of a conversation starter. Your customer get ready to talk quite a lot, make a few friends and you might want to get ready to make a few more of those. Awesome work John!! Regards, Doc:)

Top Bottom