Custom Ebonite: Blue and Black

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Finished it this A.M. It's a custom fountain pen made from blue and black ebonite with a #6 Medium Point Gilded Bock Nib. Had fun making it. Hope you like it. Doc:)

Attachments

• Custom Blue and Black Ebonite.jpg
    Custom Blue and Black Ebonite.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Custom Blue and Black Ebonite_2.jpg
    Custom Blue and Black Ebonite_2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Custom Blue and Black Ebonite_1.jpg
    Custom Blue and Black Ebonite_1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Custom Blue and Black Ebonite_3.jpg
    Custom Blue and Black Ebonite_3.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 169
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

Doc,
Like it? Man, I love your style. This pen is a classic. Great shape, clean lines and a fantastic color combo. Did I say I love blue?

Robert111

Great looking pen, Doc! Did you glue the black band on the cap or make an insert? Is the bottom finial threaded or glued in? The gold looks great with this pen in my opinion.

wizard

Thanks all so much for your kind comments and encouragement! Doc

Great looking pen, Doc! Did you glue the black band on the cap or make an insert? Is the bottom finial threaded or glued in? The gold looks great with this pen in my opinion.

Robert, Thank you! The black band was glued with epoxy on a tenon prior to drilling the cap. The bottom and top finial are both threaded at 9mm X 0.75. Thanks again! Regards, Doc

Lovely, just lovely! I like the colour combo. Is the blue ebonite kind of speckled? What kind of adhesive do you use for ebonite segmenting?

Catherine, Thank you! The ebonite is not speckled. For the band on this pen, I used 5 minute epoxy but still let it sit overnight. The top and bottom finials are not segmented rather threaded. Thanks again! Regards, Doc

love this pen! great color combo! i was wondering how hard is ebonite to turn?

Logan, Thank you! I don't find Ebonite hard to turn at all..I use carbide inserts. LOL, The hardest part of turning Ebonite is tolerating the smell. Regards, Doc

Last edited:
Top Bottom