Custom dek pen with roll stopper.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Twissy

Twissy

A commission just complete.
Another button filler desk pen. The customer wanted a roll stopper fitted to the barrel end of the pen, so this has a sterling silver gecko on the top of the blind cap. It s done this way so it seems like it's interacting with the pen. He also wanted my initials and the date the pen was made engraved....the pen was complete in March, but it has taken this long to get the Gecko sorted.
Fitted with a JoWo 18k gold nib.
C&C's welcome.
IMG_0580.jpgIMG_0581.jpgIMG_0583.jpgIMG_0575.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Looks great John !!! Cool little geko ! (I would prefer it on the cap though, but that's just me.)
I can't quite make out the engraving. Does it say JT March 2013 ? Very nice!!

walshjp17

That is one great looking pen. I also really like the 'roll stop' concept. I may borrow that for seam rippers I make for quilters. Have to figure out and appropriate lizard/insect to use for the RS:biggrin:

Twissy

Thanks to all.

Steven, I agree I would prefer to have the roll stopper on the cap and suggested this to the customer, but I can understand his reasoning....the nib is the most precious part of the pen and is what he wants to protect. You're spot on with the engraving. I'm not keen on engraving pens so made it as subtle as possible.

About the Gecko. I bought it as a charm clutching a brass ball. Removed the ball and shaped it to fit over the end of the blind cap. I got a silversmith in my craft centre to silver solder a brass lug onto it's belly and this was then epoxied into a hole drilled into the end of the blind cap. I was going to drill and tap but really wanted the head of the gecko in line with the nib. If there is a next time I will do the soldering myself....because now I can!
Regards
John

Top Bottom