Custom Cryptex FP Take Two

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jmbaker79

jmbaker79

Yep I am still alive, but its been a minute since I have posted anything here on IAP. But I did want to share a couple recent projects with y'all. A couple years ago I made a Cryptex Fountain Pen for the Birthday Bash. Recently though I received an order for one, and the Journey back into the most complicated pen I ever imagined began. Thank you Eric (Sylvanite) for always doing the crazy stuff I bring to you to engrave! Without further ado, here it is, Custom Cryptex Fountain Pen in Alt. Ivory, and Metallic Blue. The Original was made around a 5mm nib yet this customer wanted a 6mm so it changed the dimensions of everything and basically had to all be measured out from scratch and the experience from the first one didn't help at all!! Its basically a push filler yet the internal core has to be unlocked by lining up the correct password. These rings freely rotate to lock and unlock the mechanism. Letters were engraved and then I color filled them after parting and reducing the widths to the correct measurements. Based around Full Size Statesman parts. I originally was going to replace the finials but she liked them so we rolled on. Yes its large, around .73 at its largest diameter. The box is a basic wooden box from Micheal's with a few coats of red mahogany stain, felt bottom, custom foam and felt insert and box top graphic. I can't express how glad I am that this one is leaving today for New Jersey, and We are already working on another project for the same customer! Pen Life is good...

Attachments

• SYL4.jpg
    SYL4.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 894
  • SYL3.jpg
    SYL3.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 322
  • SYL1.jpg
    SYL1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 388
  • SylBox1.jpg
    SylBox1.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 474
  • SylBox2.jpg
    SylBox2.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 243
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jmbaker79

Thanks Everyone, It is always fun to create stuff! This one renewed my Interest in pen making...aka I had to clean off my workbench and lathe and everything else to make this pen...lol More to come!! and Oh Eric, you ready to do another one? :eek:

Top Bottom