Custom Coral Mosaic Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made this on and off during the last two days. My office got flooded thanks to a dentist above my suite who decided to "rinse and spit" on the 6 floors of offices below him:rolleyes:. Consequently, I haven't really been at work for last three days or seen patients. So I made this pen to keep some semblance of a sanity while they clean up the mess....sorry for the rant...feel better now:).
Anyway,....it's a custom fountain pen with coral mosaic resin with a #6 medium polished Bock nib. Hope you like it. Doc:)

Attachments

• Custom Coral Mosaic.jpg
    Custom Coral Mosaic.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,098
  • Custom Coral Mosaic_1.jpg
    Custom Coral Mosaic_1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 351
  • Custom Coral Mosaic_2.jpg
    Custom Coral Mosaic_2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 573
  • Custom Coral Mosaic_3.jpg
    Custom Coral Mosaic_3.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 460

terryf

very nice Doc, your time off has been productive indeed. I really like your choice of clip, it works very well with the mosaic!

Where does the mosaic come from, never seen one like that before?

gbpens

You make it look so easy, just a time filler. If only the rest of us could fil time that way. Did the blank come from Bear Tooth Woods?

wiset1

Good use of the term custom. Love the work coming out of your shop! Wish I wasn't on the road so much I'd be giving more stuff a try. Amazing as always

OKLAHOMAN

My thanks to the dentist for giving you the time to show us once again why we all look forward to your posts.

its_virgil

Black line clip or no black line clip. I am usually not a fan of the black line clips but it looks nice on this pen, as does the plain clip. Nice material also.
Thanks for showing us this pen as well as the others. Love your work.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

PenPal

Morning here Doc,

Loved seeing your no poster Mosaic Pen in its substance like Josephs coat of many colours it stands apart to amaze and approve.

Words to myself tell me the colour also alters the shape pleasantly when the top is removed normally for me a disapointment feature in pens hand made, one I received from the recent swap was wonderful also.

Regard the nib as being beaut either gold or silver for this pen and I agree with a former comment the clip suits and offsets very nicely balancing the whole.

Substantial thread to mate the top and lower half clean cut, solid joining.

Like how the hurricane arrived in the last shot showing mere mortals such as me what is involved in your lovely creation.

Understand how you felt with the Dentist problem passing on down to you, I call it a mixed blessing somehow I have had buckets full of you know what in this last year that have enabled us to revalue our blessings more determined than ever to persevere.

As you survive the heat think of us in mid winter however not being weather dependant it will pass.

Many kind regards mate.

Peter (Wilma is mending and our visiting daughter a joy for us).

firewhatfire

Well done as usual, I am really enjoying seeing those blanks. I think I will be looking for a few of those. I am not sure I am ready to try the kitless again after destroying the last one I tried. But you do inspire me to think on it again.

Phil

JohnU

I Love it Doc! Great shape, very clean looking, and I love the material. I've been hoping to see more pens made from this stuff since I missed out on buying some. Lol. Beautiful work as always!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Black line clip or no black line clip. I am usually not a fan of the black line clips but it looks nice on this pen, as does the plain clip. Nice material also.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

We'll let Doc tell us for sure, but I am guessing he photoed them with a black jacket on. I think the clip is one and the same and has no black line, it is a reflection.

Whatchasay, Doc?????

No matter, it is a cool pen!

NPGJ:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

tkbarron

Nice work though it makes me dizzy when I stare at the pictures! So, was this made from the dentist's remains? Just curious...

Tom

BSea

Do a good turn daily!
Don

We'll let Doc tell us for sure, but I am guessing he photoed them with a black jacket on. I think the clip is one and the same and has no black line, it is a reflection.

Whatchasay, Doc?????

No matter, it is a cool pen!

NPGJ:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I agree. You can also see the black reflection in the Bock nib. Too bad though, I like the look on the black on the clip.

Beautiful Doc! Personally I prefer the plain clip. The black in the other distracts from the black in the blank.
I don't care what Jonathon says. What's he know about color anyway.:rolleyes:

Oh, and I also agree that it's a cool pen.

bluwolf

Another beauty Doc. Maybe you should think about spending more time in the shop and less time at the office anyway:biggrin:

Mike

I am not usually a black line clip fan, either, but it works well with this design. Very well done!!
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Gilrock

Hey I almost missed this one cause I usually only look if it has kitless in the title...lol. But you had the usual smiley... I see you're changing things up...usually they are always "Turned in the A.M.".

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Doc: You know, the thing I like about you and your posts, is, just, well, everything !!!!! I especially like the way you lay out the parts, at the end, so that we may see what is "inside". Thanks!!!!! BTW!!! BEAUTIFUL PEN!!!!!

PR_Princess

What a gorgeous pen!!:worship::worship::worship:

I really like how the pattern and the lines that you gave to this pen work together. Like they were designed for each other..... Got to love that coral colour too!

wizard

Thank you all for your kind comments and encouragement!!:)
Regarding the coral mosaic resin, I got it from Exotic Blanks.
Also, the clip had a reflection in two of the pictures which made it appear like it had a black line down the center of the clip. LOL..Yes Ed..I was wearing a black T-shirt when I took the photos.
I'm back to work again and feel grateful.
Again, thanks for all the positive feedback and encouragement. I hope all of you have a great weekend...and time to make a pen. Regards, Doc:)

terryf

Thank you all for your kind comments and encouragement!!:)
Regarding the coral mosaic resin, I got it from Exotic Blanks.
Also, the clip had a reflection in two of the pictures which made it appear like it had a black line down the center of the clip. LOL..Yes Ed..I was wearing a black T-shirt when I took the photos.
I'm back to work again and feel grateful.
Again, thanks for all the positive feedback and encouragement. I hope all of you have a great weekend...and time to make a pen. Regards, Doc:)

Well figure out a way to may the black line stay Doc, I think it works really well!

JohnU

Congrats on the front page Doc! Well deserved! I think this is one of my favorites of your pens so far. It's just not an easy decision. Lol

Top Bottom