Custom Coral Ebonite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Finished it this A.M. It's a coral ebonite from Exotics made into a custom fountain pen. Has a #6 medium polished Bock nib. Had fun making it. Hope you like it. Doc:)

Attachments

• Custom Coral Ebonite.jpg
    Custom Coral Ebonite.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 239
  • Custom Coral Ebonite_2.jpg
    Custom Coral Ebonite_2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 208
  • Custom Coral Ebonite_1.jpg
    Custom Coral Ebonite_1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 196
  • Custom Coral Ebonite_3.jpg
    Custom Coral Ebonite_3.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 200
  • Custom Coral Ebonite_4.jpg
    Custom Coral Ebonite_4.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

Doc,

Your threads are impeccable! How do you get them that perfect?

I love your style you put on each of your pens!

Great job!

wizard

Thank you all for your kind comments and encouragement! Doc:)

Doc,

Your threads are impeccable! How do you get them that perfect?

I love your style you put on each of your pens!

Great job!

Fred,
Thank you for the kind words. With my threads...I do what I learned from Justin (Timebandit) and have varied a little from that. Usually, I cut the tenons about 0.1 mm less than the actual die size. I always polish the tenons with Micromesh sticks from 1500 to 12000 grit before cutting the threads. After I spray the polished tenons with Canola oil, I cut threads with the die faced forward (writing toward tenon) in a die holder from LMS. After I cut the threads, I spray the threads with some more canola oil and follow with a second die which is reversed (writing away from tenon). I run the die by hand without the holder back to the step up where threads end. ( I bought two of the triple thread dies during the group buy.) The second die I use has the adjustment screw out a bit to make the threads a little deeper so the cap/barrel is not so tight of a fit when you screw the cap on. I like the above technique because I get clean, crisp threads.
Fred, that's pretty much all there is to it ...lol..in probably way too many words... Hope that helps. Just ask if you have any more questions.
Regards, Doc:)

Top Bottom