a custom cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bench1holio

bench1holio

heres somthing i was playing around with the other day.
i used my parting tool to turn all the black bits off a chrome cigar kit, swaped the tubes out for some longer ones and with a bit of fiddling around this was born.
dressed up in a bit of olive burl

Attachments

• IMG_0562 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_0562 [800x600].jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0564 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_0564 [800x600].jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0566 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_0566 [800x600].jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0569 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_0569 [800x600].jpg
    34 KB · Views: 232
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cwolfs69

nice job. and i love the cigar pens. look good, great size and feel. easy to decorate with decals, pictures etc. big body for more room to put stuff.
nice pen.

I really like the look of the simple center band. It accents but doesn't compete with the burl (which was an excellent choice). Also like the wood finial (I'm a relative newcomer - is that the correct term?). Same reasons.

How does it feel in the hand? Good, I'm betting.

SDB777

Maybe you could give them a shout at the factory and tell them this is the way this kit should be made....makes it looka LOT better without all the black crud on it!!

How much time did it take you to get the pieces 'whittled down', and what was the new lenghts on the tubes?

Scott (inquiring minds) B

alphageek

Former Moderator
Maybe you could give them a shout at the factory and tell them this is the way this kit should be made....makes it looka LOT better without all the black crud on it!!

How much time did it take you to get the pieces 'whittled down', and what was the new lenghts on the tubes?

VERY NICE PEN!!! (sorry for yelling:wink: )

This is a cool modification - I like the cigar versions out there that don't have the black on then (there is nice 2tone ones), but what you did with the center band is really nice, and the cap section ROCKS. Beautiful wood too.

If I'm not mistaken, the parts removed shouldn't have affected the mechanism, right? You didn't have to mess with the tube length did you?

bench1holio

VERY NICE PEN!!! (sorry for yelling:wink: )

This is a cool modification - I like the cigar versions out there that don't have the black on then (there is nice 2tone ones), but what you did with the center band is really nice, and the cap section ROCKS. Beautiful wood too.

If I'm not mistaken, the parts removed shouldn't have affected the mechanism, right? You didn't have to mess with the tube length did you?

the parts definatly havnt affected the mechanism.
i swaped the bottom tube from the kit for the top one, and used a longer one for the bottom.

i just went to measure the one i used for the bottom but my wife has pinched the pen and taken it to work!!!:eek:

alphageek

Former Moderator
the parts definatly havnt affected the mechanism.
i swaped the bottom tube from the kit for the top one, and used a longer one for the bottom.

i just went to measure the one i used for the bottom but my wife has pinched the pen and taken it to work!!!:eek:

LOL.. sounds JUST like my wife!

Top Bottom