Custom Casein and Ebonite...A salvage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Finished it this A.M. It's casein and black ebonite. LOL..This pen was a salvage... was supposed to be an all casein pen. I messed up the the section...so..I thought OK..I would make the section out of ebonite. :rolleyes: Well...while I was turning the barrel..a nice size piece of the barrel flew off... so I thought..OK..I'll do the barrel and section out of ebonite.:rolleyes::redface:...then I couldn't get the striations on the finial and cap to line up and gave up on that.:redface: Well anyway..this is what's left of my "all casein pen." It has a #6 Medium Point Gilded Bock nib. My wife thought it looked nice and resembled a Tuxedo. Doc:)

Attachments

• Custom Casein and Ebonite.jpg
    Custom Casein and Ebonite.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 283
  • Custom Casein and Ebonite_1.jpg
    Custom Casein and Ebonite_1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 237
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Do you turn pens all night? The post was made at like 630am....

Well turned!! The two materials go well together!

Scott (you is a vampire turner:eek:) B

terryf

And here I was expecting to see the master stumble!!!!!!

All I saw was a masterpiece!

Lovely pen Doc, hope we see a reverse of the materials to make up a set.

PenPal

Good morning here Doc,

I know a real number of your pens end in museum situations but this Dress Pen in a pocket would remain a beautiful white pen unless in use ie Striking but in use remarkably jaw dropping.

Imagining your burgening collection this pen with so many others will be a standout for all the right reasons one that will divert from others.

For me this mix is the best of two worlds.

Many years ago at a formal meeting in my dinner suit and unwittingly the centre of attention for most of an hour the guy standing behind me to prompt with set lines of speech afterwards said immaculate suit, excellent in every way except your back is covered in cat hair. What had happened being in a six cat family shortly before I left the jacket I had in my nervous excitement placed near a cat blanket. I am always ultra careful when dressing formally these days.

So your exciting pen is formal and outstanding simply love it.

Kind regards Peter.

wizard

Thank you all for your kind comments and encouragement !!

Not giving up on an all casein custom pen...I do wonder if the casein would crack over time....Not sure...

Do you turn pens all night? The post was made at like 630am....

Well turned!! The two materials go well together!

Scott (you is a vampire turner:eek:) B

LOL..Not all night...Try to get a few hours sleep..and then get as much done before daylight...LOL...for some reason if I wait too long and sun comes up....I get a sunburn easily and hands start smoking....:eek:.

Scott, kidding aside, thanks much for the compliment.
Doc:)

Top Bottom