Custom candy with flex Titanium nib

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Twissy

Twissy

Recently finished this one for a dear colleague. The nib is a super smo0th Titanium with flex....it is really nice.
The making of it was not without its issues compounded by the fact that I only had one 6 inch blank. If I had had more the cap would have been binned and remade because for some reason the finial threads ended up so far off centre...about 1mm. Fortunately it doesn't show when the finial is screwed down.
The barrel would have been longer but there was a very large air pocket after turning it down. It didn't look right (to me) with the barrel finial any longer.
C&C's welcome.
IMG_0844.JPGIMG_0843.JPGIMG_0841.JPGIMG_0842.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

That's wicked cool! I love the blank. Is it a custom pour or did you purchase it somewhere as I've never seen one like it before. Great attention to detail keeping the cap finial aligned. I personally love the shape and length.

I've gotta ask where you got the nib...it is a beauty.

Twissy

Thanks guys:)

The blanks was in a large box I bought some time back off fleabay. I'm not sure what the material is, it's definitely not acrylic or PR or cebloplast, maybe a Casein.

I am a bit reluctant at this stage to pass on the source of the nibs as I know they were very limited and I want to make sure I have enough first. Really sorry for being selfish :redface:
They aren't cheap mind you, about £38 a pop....still half the price of gold though.

Regards
John

OKLAHOMAN

A really good looking pen and at 38 British pounds each or the nibs that would be close to $60 US still not a bad price.

Top Bottom