Custom Bulb Filler in Lignum Vitae

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here's one that I've been wanting and waiting to make for some time now. Things have just been to busy around the house to make anything for myself. Well I made some time and here it is. It's a bulb filler made with Lignum Vitae. The ink chamber is amber alumilite. For those that enjoy the finer details here are the specs.

Dimensions:

Capped: 6" ~ 153mm
Cap: 2 5/8" ~ 65mm
Body: 3 3/4" ~ 95mm
Body + Nib: 5 1/2" ~ 138mm
Posted: 6 3/4" ~ 171mm

Nib & Ink:

#6 Two Tone JoWo in 1.5 stub

Bulb Filler #14 Sac

Now the only question is...what ink to use first!?!?

DSC05281 (806x900).jpgDSC05286 (781x900).jpgDSC05292 (900x646).jpgDSC05294 (900x779).jpgDSC05295 (900x876).jpgDSC05298 (900x634).jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I love your cast pens... But I really, really, really like this!!! The pen is beautiful, and you did it justice! Be proud!

Brooks803

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Superb Jonathon! Well worth taking a little time for yourself!
What did you use for a finish?

Also, how did the threading go on the wood?

Thanks Charlie! No finish on this one. Just sanded up to 1000 gave it a good rubbing with my fingers.

The threading went really well actually. The cap is all wood with no sleeve and threaded just fine. The section IS sleeved with ebonite that's threaded for the body/section threads. I wasn't sure just how well that area would hold up to turning as well as everyday use so I beefed it up a little.

brownsfn2

Very very nice! It is interesting how there is an acrylic interior and how you integrated that. I have some fragile Casein and I am thinking of the same thing once I master kitless construction.

Well done!!

Brooks803

That's awesome Jonathon. Add that to the "guard while I visit" collection.

Thanks Ty! It'll be here next time you're over. It's not going anywhere :cool:

Very very nice! It is interesting how there is an acrylic interior and how you integrated that. I have some fragile Casein and I am thinking of the same thing once I master kitless construction.

Well done!!

Thanks Ron! Yeah I came up with that ink chamber design so I can use materials not suited for holding ink. Casein is one that I'd like to use one day. Just remember that it's hydrophilic so it probably would be best to not have it as a front section.

That is absolutely awesome! you do have my address right?:biggrin:

Thanks Perry! I actually do have your address...Don't I owe you some stabilized blanks? I know I didn't make it to the last Atl meeting.

Top Bottom