Custom Brown Mosaic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Finished it this A.M. I really like the mosaic patterns and thought I would do a brown colored one. It has a #6 Medium Point Gilded Bock Nib. Had fun making it. Hope you like it. Doc:)

Attachments

• Custom Copper Mosaic_4.jpg
    Custom Copper Mosaic_4.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 208
  • Custom Copper Mosaic.jpg
    Custom Copper Mosaic.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 236
  • Custom Copper Mosaic_1.jpg
    Custom Copper Mosaic_1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Custom Copper Mosaic_2.jpg
    Custom Copper Mosaic_2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Custom Copper Mosaic_3.jpg
    Custom Copper Mosaic_3.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 193
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Realized after I took pictures that I used a silver converter....:rolleyes:. I try to match the converter to the rest of the hardware.....I think this looks better..

Attachments

• Custom Copper Mosaic_5.jpg
    Custom Copper Mosaic_5.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 157

johncrane

I think i like this brown blank more than the last one you done, looks awesome,at the moment i have a thing for brown blanks, anyway thanks for showing us Doc! it's a great looking pen well done.:biggrin:

alamocdc

You know, you go away for a few years only to return to find quite a few folks making things like this. Almost makes me want to sell my lathes! Ok, not really. I'll get caught back up. Thanks for the prodding, Doc!!! Beautiful work you do!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You know, you go away for a few years only to return to find quite a few folks making things like this. Almost makes me want to sell my lathes! Ok, not really. I'll get caught back up. Thanks for the prodding, Doc!!! Beautiful work you do!

You're going to "Have to get up pretty early in the morning" to catch up to Doc, Billy!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

He gets more done by 5AM than the Army!!:eek::eek::eek:

As always, nice looking pen, Doc!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

SDB777

Like the offset on the blank segmenting! Gives the finished pen a WOW-factor....and then to think of the converter. Well done!!

Scott (I need to make some blanks like this) B

alamocdc

You're going to "Have to get up pretty early in the morning" to catch up to Doc, Billy!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Duh! Never meant to imply that I would catch up with Doc, Ed. May well be unattainable, at least for me. I just want to be able to get back to making customs. :biggrin: Just before I moved I made my "Proof of concept" in Cherry using only factory sections and clips, if you remember. Come back and find folks like Doc and all the others making their own sections. Sheesh! But I love where they've gone! :wink: It pushes me to get busy!

wizard

Thank you for all your kind comments and encouragement!

Duh! Never meant to imply that I would catch up with Doc, Ed. May well be unattainable, at least for me. I just want to be able to get back to making customs. :biggrin: Just before I moved I made my "Proof of concept" in Cherry using only factory sections and clips, if you remember. Come back and find folks like Doc and all the others making their own sections. Sheesh! But I love where they've gone! :wink: It pushes me to get busy!

Billy, You can do it!!..LOL..If I can get there..you can. You are on the site with some of the most brilliant pen makers in the world...All of them a great people..willing to share their knowledge. Hmmm..well we actually have a rat in the midst of us:biggrin:....but he's one hell of a talented rat....he pops up and slams down something sensational. He's a fast rat... we all try to catch up
with him but he moves at light speed. But he's our rat and we're proud of him!! :wink:

Like the offset on the blank segmenting! Gives the finished pen a WOW-factor....and then to think of the converter. Well done!!

Scott (I need to make some blanks like this) B

Scott, LOL...I can assure you I'm not talented enough to segment something like that..much less even something simple.
As George mentioned, the mosaic comes manufactured and is available as blanks or rods.

Regards,
Doc:)

Top Bottom