Custom Blue with Red and White Ribbons

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher

Special thanks to Doc for having a material I've been trying to find for a long time. I have a good customer who has been begging for a custom in this material and it doesn't exist anywhere best I can tell. Doc had a stick and a half left which was just enough to finish this one up.

Attachments

• IMG_7809 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7809 (Medium).jpg
    82 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_7812 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7812 (Medium).jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_7813 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7813 (Medium).jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_7829 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7829 (Medium).jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 255
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
beautiful blank... beautiful finished pen. great artistic collaboration. well done. someday...

thanks for the inspiration!

Carl Fisher

I had 1 just shy of 6" and one about 2.5" Together I had JUST enough to put this together and allow for waste.

The front section is actually a little shorter than I normally like because I really wasn't going to have enough if I stretched it out. That's why the converter doesn't fully seat. But there really isn't anywhere for it to go once it's installed since there is only about 1/16" between the end of the converter and the back aluminum cap of the pen.

Typically I'd say 9" is the minimum but 10-10.5" is my comfort zone I think.

MikeL

I've tried red white and blue ribbons and didn't have much success. I'm inspired again. That pen is outstanding!!

wizard

Beautiful!

Carl, That is outstanding !!! You made use of every mm of that material.
Precision craftsmanship as usual. :) You have a stunning pen !! and soon to be stunned customer !!
Regards,
Doc:)

Brooks803

Looks great Carl! I'm glad you were able to get the material (Doc is a great guy huh?). Plus you really did make the most of it. Not surprised your customer is anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

wizard

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Carl, Congratulations on the front page!!!! :biggrin: That is awesome!!!. Appreciate the mention. However LOL, all I did was give you a piece of plastic..and not even enough at that.. You are the one that turned it into a beautiful pen that your customer will love!!!
Regards,
Doc:).

Last edited:

Carl Fisher

Hi Michael.

Thanks and welcome to the IAP family :)

I received it from another pen turner (wizard). The closest I've come to finding a match is called Kirinite but it only seems to be available in gun grips...so far as I've found. Any pen blanks that I thought were close, were not once turned.

Big

Thanks

Thank you for the welcome and I guess we will all have to keep our eyes peeled for more of that or the closest thing to it. I wonder if we could track down the mfg. and find out about getting more? At any rate, the pen you made with it is just gorgeous and your work is truly masterful and awesome. There are so many great folks here and I am honored to be part of such a group.

Top Bottom