Custom Blue Mosaic with Sterling Silver Accents

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Finished it this A.M. It's a custom fountain pen made with a Blue/Black Mosaic Resin for cap and barrel, Black Ebonite for finials/section and 16 gauge Sterling Silver for accents. Has a #6 Medium Point Polished Bock Nib. The silver bands in the pictures have the reflection of my camera...sorry. Comments and/or questions welcomed. Thanks for looking. Regards, Doc:)

Attachments

• Blue Mosaic with Silver Accents.jpg
    Blue Mosaic with Silver Accents.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 422
  • Blue Mosaic with Silver Accents_2.jpg
    Blue Mosaic with Silver Accents_2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 301
  • Blue Mosaic with Silver Accents_1.jpg
    Blue Mosaic with Silver Accents_1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Blue Mosaic with Silver Accents_3.jpg
    Blue Mosaic with Silver Accents_3.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LL Woodworks

As usual, very nice Doc. What did you use to glue the silver to the ebonite and PR? If epoxy what type?

Thanks and again nice work.

wizard

Another stunner!!! :)

Doc I finished work a short while ago and am about to go to sleep. Your early is my very late. :yawn:

Pete, Thank you! LOL..Sleep well!

That is an awesome pen Doc! Love the accents.

Rich, Thanks so much!

Wow is the only word that comes to mind! I gotta ask, did you sleeve that center band accent or glue it to the blank?

Dan, Thank you! The center band is sleeved on to a tenon in the mosaic resin prior to drilling the cap. The band on the ebonite finial is also sleeved onto a tenon that was turned. I use 5 minute epoxy but let it set overnight.

As usual, very nice Doc. What did you use to glue the silver to the ebonite and PR? If epoxy what type?

Thanks and again nice work.

Lynn, Thank you. I used 5 minute epoxy but let it set overnight just to be safe.

Last edited:

Robert111

I like the nice straight tubes with the accent bands and the contrasting finials. Geometric pattern of mosaic acrylic works so well with your detailing! Beautiful work as always, Doc!

PR_Princess

Very nice Doc. You have elegant down to an art.

Mike

Not enough bandwidth for all of the pluses on this. Elegant and classy - like it's maker. :)

I think the sliver bands and ebonite really compliment the patterning in the body, and the silver looks soldered and polished to absolute perfection! To my eye, the width of the CB and lower barrel look to be about the same...are they made to mirror of each other?

wizard

Thank you all for the kind comments and encouragement!!

Very nice Doc. You have elegant down to an art.

Mike

Not enough bandwidth for all of the pluses on this. Elegant and classy - like it's maker. :)

I think the sliver bands and ebonite really compliment the patterning in the body, and the silver looks soldered and polished to absolute perfection! To my eye, the width of the CB and lower barrel look to be about the same...are they made to mirror of each other?

Dawn, Thank you! The bands are supposed to mirror each other...got the idea from a recently issued Conway-Stewart ebonite and silver offering.

Top Bottom