Custom Blue Ebonite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Finished it this A.M. It's a custom Blue Ebonite fountain pen with a #6 medium point gilded Bock nib. I've been on an ebonite kick lately. Working with the material does leave an odor on your clothes. Yesterday, my wife made a remark when I came in from the shop...it sounded vaguely like..."could you please work with something else besides that stinky crap"..:redface: It may be my last ebonite pen for a while...lol..for at least a week or two :biggrin:. Nevertheless, I enjoyed making.... Hope you like it. Doc:)

Attachments

• Custom Blue Ebonite.jpg
    Custom Blue Ebonite.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 249
  • Custom Blue Ebonite_2.jpg
    Custom Blue Ebonite_2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 231
  • Custom Blue Ebonite_1.jpg
    Custom Blue Ebonite_1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 226
  • Custom Blue Ebonite_3.jpg
    Custom Blue Ebonite_3.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Custom Blue Ebonite_4.jpg
    Custom Blue Ebonite_4.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I really love the color combination of this one! Great complimentary colors! Nice execution of design and style Shreenath!

airborne_r6

Beautiful pen, and about the smell, come spend some time in the cadaver lab with me and your wife will be begging you to go back to the ebonite.

PR_Princess

I love this pen!! Love the color, the shape... even better than the other one. More ..you I think. :)

And WOW on your photo count!

That HAS to be some sort of new IAP record!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::cool::cool: :bananen_smilies104:

(Not that we would pay attention to that sort of thing:rolleyes::biggrin:)

Last edited:

drgoretex

The blue works so well with the gold - a beautiful pen, Doc!

Hey, is this the stuff from American Art Plastics? How did you find it for taking a glossy finish?

Ken

wizard

The blue works so well with the gold - a beautiful pen, Doc!

Hey, is this the stuff from American Art Plastics? How did you find it for taking a glossy finish?

Ken

Ken,
I'm sorry..I just noticed your question. Yes, the blue ebonite is from American Art Plastics. It takes a shine fairly well...but is a pain to go through all steps to do it.. Doc

Top Bottom