Custom Black and Silver Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Finished it this A.M. It's made with Black Ebonite along with Sterling Silver Accents. With a #6 Medium Point Polished Bock Nib. Had fun making it. Questions and comments welcomed. Thanks for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Custom Black and Silver Fountain Pen.jpg
    Custom Black and Silver Fountain Pen.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 427
  • Custom Black and Silver Fountain Pen_1.jpg
    Custom Black and Silver Fountain Pen_1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 341
  • Custom Black and Silver Fountain Pen_2.jpg
    Custom Black and Silver Fountain Pen_2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 272
  • Custom Black and Silver Fountain Pen_3.jpg
    Custom Black and Silver Fountain Pen_3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 340
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terryf

Fantastic, reminds me of a Shaeffer No-Nonsense - apt name :) although I dont think the Shaeffer has any silver or ebonite!
Thanks for sharing Doc.

David Keller

Haven't commented on much of anything for a while, but this pen is just too nice! I still remember the first pen you posted not too terribly long ago… Wow, the progress you've made is just phenomenal! Kudos to you for such a wonderful looking pen!

wizard

Nice and elegant Doc ;)

Brad, Thanks so much!

Another in your Super Elegent series doc!! Silver really sets the whole thing off.

Jim, Thank you!...kind of on a silver binge now...:rolleyes:

My kind of pen! I love it!

John, Thank You!

Doc, you have taken over.:biggrin: Is that converter a shorter version? Is it my eyes? The pen is a beauty.

Chuck, Thank you!..LOL..still trying to keep up with you. The converter is just a standard converter.

Fantastic, reminds me of a Shaeffer No-Nonsense - apt name :) although I dont think the Shaeffer has any silver or ebonite!
Thanks for sharing Doc.

Terry, Thanks so much!

Elegant pen. The look and feel of black ebonite is addictive.
Roger

Roger, Thank you!...LOL..sort of stuck on ebonite and silver right now. The ebonite has a warm feeling to it.

Nice work Doc. Good looking pen all around.

Todd, Thank You!

Lovely looking pen Doc!
Do you use tube for the bands, or sheet and solder it?

John, Thank You! I use bands.. I start out with 16 gauge silver sheet and cut a small strip. I run that through a rolling mill and get it down to about 20 gauge. I bend it around a mandrel and solder it much like I'm making a ring. I size the ring so it's just a little proud of the ebonite and fits it like a sleeve around a tenon. I use 5 minute epoxy and usually let it sit overnight prior to drilling out the cap. LOL...I probably use too much silver with the bands... my wife reminds of how much I spend on the silver sheet. That's probably more information than you wanted to know..
Regards, Doc

Classy! I like the barrel & cap being almost the same width.

Thank you..I'm starting to like that look also..particularly with the black ebonite

I think we may be on the verge of a solid silver pen. you are having to much fun it seems.

Phil

Phil, Thank you!!...LOL..and quit reading minds :wink:..,and..yep..can never have too much fun..

Haven't commented on much of anything for a while, but this pen is just too nice! I still remember the first pen you posted not too terribly long ago… Wow, the progress you've made is just phenomenal! Kudos to you for such a wonderful looking pen!

David, Thank you! I owe all my progress to all the members of the IAP who constantly encourage, suggest, challenge, and comment!

Joe, Thank you!

Very nice Doc. Is the lower silver band on the body a ring or does it cover the whole end? It is hard to tell from the pictures.

AK

Andrew, Thanks! Its a band and doesn't cover the entire bottom of the barrel...I couldn't decide which to do. The black ebonite that's visible at the end seems to looks nicer... I'll post a picture..

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Very nice blend of metal and blank Doc. Seems to be just the right amount of silver to black. Great work as always.

JohnU

That looks beautiful! I really like the simplicity yet class of the solid black. The silver really "pops" on it and is a total head turner. I have a boss that would go nuts over that one. Well done Doc!

Twissy

Lovely looking pen Doc!
Do you use tube for the bands, or sheet and solder it?

John, Thank You! I use bands.. I start out with 16 gauge silver sheet and cut a small strip. I run that through a rolling mill and get it down to about 20 gauge. I bend it around a mandrel and solder it much like I'm making a ring. I size the ring so it's just a little proud of the ebonite and fits it like a sleeve around a tenon. I use 5 minute epoxy and usually let it sit overnight prior to drilling out the cap. LOL...I probably use too much silver with the bands... my wife reminds of how much I spend on the silver sheet. That's probably more information than you wanted to know..
Regards, Doc

Thanks for that Doc, perfect explanation!

Top Bottom