Custom Black Ebonite C/C FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Robert111

Robert111

At the risk of confounding the members, I present a stick with a clip. I wouldn't be surprised if most fountain pen buyers much prefer it to Big Red, the last pen I posted. Fountain pen people are different. Those who want to sell custom fountain pens need to learn more than construction techniques. There's the culture to absorb. Best way to start is by carrying and using fountain pens.

This shape was specifically requested by a customer--the shape is new for me. Posted length was to be 6 1/4" or less.

Overall length 5 5/8"
Barrel length (inc. section) 4 3/8
Cap length (inc. finial) 2 1/2"
Posted length 6 1/8"
Section length 1"

Cap diameter 15.8 mm
Barrel diameter 13.75 mm
Section diameter 12.75 mm

Weight 21 gm

Cap/barrel threads 14 x .75
Section/barrel threads 10 x 1
Cap/finial 8 x 24

Clip is from the PSI Designer Twist BP kit

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Custom Black Ebonite FP 005 (Small).jpg
    Custom Black Ebonite FP 005 (Small).jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 539
  • Custom Black Ebonite FP 009 (Small).JPG
    Custom Black Ebonite FP 009 (Small).JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 540
  • Custom Black Ebonite FP 012 (Small).jpg
    Custom Black Ebonite FP 012 (Small).jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 545
  • Custom Black Ebonite FP 020 (Small).JPG
    Custom Black Ebonite FP 020 (Small).JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 545
  • Custom Black Ebonite FP 019 (Small).jpg
    Custom Black Ebonite FP 019 (Small).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 555
  • Custom Black Ebonite FP 022 (Small).JPG
    Custom Black Ebonite FP 022 (Small).JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 561
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tortoise

Beautiful shape! That high gloss gives it a sense of flowing movement, like liquid obsidian. You've got one very lucky customer.

Robert111

C/C ?? Guess I haven't carried a FP long enough to know what C/C is. Probably something obvious.:biggrin::biggrin:
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Very nice, you can't go wrong with a classic black pen with a great fniish.

I'm also with Don, what's C/C stand for? I can't figure it out.

AK

Well, Don must be a closet FP carrier. :biggrin: C/C means cartridge/converter. By the way, Don, haven't I seen your work in a book?

Last edited:

Andrew_K99

Don was right, it was obvious :bulgy-eyes: ... I assumed it had to do with the filling and had the cartridge part, I had the convertor part but never put them together. I even looked to see if Richard Binder had it on his list, which he didn't.

AK

wizard

Another beauty Robert!!! I love the unique profile..flows..very esthetically pleasing to the eye..I really like your ability to utilize a variety of designs in your work. Regards, Doc:)

Gilrock

Wow you sure are cranking them out. I'm impressed by the shine you achieved on the ebonite. I've only used it on my sections and I'll think I have a good shine until I take a photo...the photos always seems to reveal tiny scratches I couldn't see.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Shape not to my taste but that's just a personal thing. The execution and finish are wonderful. You should have a happy customer for this classic.

its_virgil

Yep, I knew it would be something simple and divulge my real knowledge of what we do here. And, I like your pen...it is stunning in all of its blackness.

And yes, you may have seen my work in a book...I just had a book published. The subject matter covers the modified slimlines I have been making for several years now. It was fun, lots of work and I like the result. I think it came put very nice. Thanks!
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Well, Don must be a closet FP carrier. :biggrin: C/C means cartridge/converter. By the way, Don, haven't I seen your work in a book?

Last edited:

Robert111

I agree! You do amazing work!

Yep, I knew it would be something simple and divulge my real knowledge of what we do here. And, I like your pen...it is stunning in all of its blackness.

And yes, you may have seen my work in a book...I just had a book published. The subject matter covers the modified slimlines I have been making for several years now. It was fun, lots of work and I like the result. I think it came put very nice. Thanks!
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Elegant lines! Looks fantastic both capped and uncapped. It's a beauty. Although it's relatively short, it remains extremely graceful. The clip is perfect. I bet it's comfortable to hold, too. What ink are you sending with it?

QUESTION: I know Robert111 does, but don't all of you pen makers carry a fountain pen regularly?

Texatdurango

Well I certainly don't consider myself a closet fountain pen user and I thought C/C meant cute and cuddly!

Regardless of what some think, that's a nice pen! FINALLY, someone else makes a comfortable looking section! :eek::wink:

Jjartwood

Classic,
I like the threading deeper in the cap it gives the pen a very clean look.
This is one of those pens that if you don't notice it,you can very easily miss the classic
look and high quality of this pen.
That's why you never notice a day glow orange Bentley,there are none a person has to be
able to spot the class without the flash
Mark

Top Bottom