Custom Aluminum Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Had some time yesterday and got a chance to use my metal lathe. Came up with this fountain pen. Made from aluminum rod extruded..something or other.... that I had. Finish done with an airbrush and abrasive. Coated with a acquer from Caswell called VHT that leaves a really nice hard finish. Sports a medium two toned #6 size Bock nib at the front end. Thanks for looking.
Doc:)

Attachments

• Custom Aluminum Fountain Pen.jpg
    Custom Aluminum Fountain Pen.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 270
  • Custom Aluminum Fountain Pen_1.jpg
    Custom Aluminum Fountain Pen_1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 319
  • Custom Aluminum Fountain Pen_2.jpg
    Custom Aluminum Fountain Pen_2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 216
  • Custom Aluminum Fountain Pen_3.jpg
    Custom Aluminum Fountain Pen_3.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 249
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Really nice Doc. If I didn't know better, I would swear you've been hanging out with Mike Roux :biggrin: But, really? Not ONE WORD about that band? You must have posted this one hurriedly :biggrin: You KNOW I like this one :wink: Show off!!

wizard

Really nice Doc. If I didn't know better, I would swear you've been hanging out with Mike Roux :biggrin: But, really? Not ONE WORD about that band? You must have posted this one hurriedly :biggrin: You KNOW I like this one :wink: Show off!!

GOTCHA!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:!!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

GOTCHA!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:!!
:mad::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Wow Doc that is beautiful work, spot on fit of all tge the components, I really like the finish. They just keep getting better and better.

wizard

Thanks all for the kind words! ...had fun making it. I credit Mike Roux (bluwolf) a lot for encouragement, helping me overcome a fear of screwing up on a metal lathe , for fabricating a nifty bracket and placing it on a tail stock with a DRO for me ...which is now on my 8.5 x 20. I have to credit Chuck (dalecamino)for having me push a center band up a notch :wink:

1st class!! Doc luv the gold contrast, is your centerband from a kit.thanks in advance.

John, Thank you! Not from a kit... Just a stainless steel ring... Costume jewelry.
I asked for an old wedding band from my wife and for some strange reason she scowled at me and mumbled about needing to go to Home Depot and picking up something to do 2 x4 therapy on my head...Seriously lol.. What's with the attitude nowadays :confused:

Top Bottom