Custom 300 Rem. Ultra Magnum Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wingdoctor

Wingdoctor

I had a customer that wanted a pen to commemorate his first Elk hunt. He had the cartridge case that brought down the elk and more of the Barnes bullets that he used on the handloads. He also wanted an inlay blank with a scoped rifle. He also wanted a Parker style refill.

I used some Cigar pen components, custom length 10mm tubes, a Kallenshaan laser cut inlay kit for the PSI Magnum rifle kit, and a bit of work to put this all together. Because the cartridge base diameter was .550" I had to modify the Cigar top blank components to match the OD. The top has the inlay blank, cigar top cap, Sporting Rifle Clip, and a turned down cigar center band. The lower tube is so long that I had to use a refill extension from a Wall St. II Click Pen to make it reach the bullet nib. The Kallenshaan blank and the Cigar CB were CA finished and finished with Micro Mesh and then the Beall buff.

My customer was very happy, me too, and that makes it a success in my book.

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

Attachments

• 12-320-Composite - reduced.jpg
    12-320-Composite - reduced.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wingdoctor

The CB sits above the brass case head, just like it would the lower blank on the standard Cigar. It presses in the top blank just like the standard Cigar. I did have to turn the OD to match the inlay blank diameter and then they were CA finished together. The CB now is the natural brass as I turned all the plating off of it. The rifle clip came from PSi as a part they sell seperately. I went to reorder more last week and it has been discontinued! They do have it in chrome only. The gold clip is available in Slimline and Euro sizes but not Cigar.

Top Bottom