the curse of the sketch pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from paintspill

paintspill

so a while back i made a sketch pencil for a friend/customer for his son who is an artist. while making that pencil it exploded on my lathe. we've all been there. so i decided to do a segment. well it exploded again. so i cut my loses and threw it in a drawer with my parts. i made a new one and it turned perfect, and he loved it, so much that i had to make another one for his other son. but all the while that cursed pencil has been taunting me. in total it exploded on me three times. it stares at me every time i go in that drawer.

well today pulled it out and gave it another try. i opted for a friction finish cause i've got enough time in this one already. its not perfect, but this one is for my personal shop use.

and i didn't give up.

Attachments

• 100_4174 (640x480).jpg
    100_4174 (640x480).jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 352
  • 100_4175 (640x480).jpg
    100_4175 (640x480).jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 218
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

A+ for not giving up!

If you hadn't mentioned anything, I would have thought it was planned out to look as it does.

Scott (blown up what....:wink:) B

paintspill

the sad part is i don't even remember what kind of wood i started with, i know the dark ones are ebony, one was more brown and one more black, 2 strips of aluminum, but can't remember the lighter wood

IPD_Mr

DCBluesman use to refuse to do pencils. He still had good customers that would insist. So Lou would throw out a price that was just plain crazy to get them off his back without upsetting them. Now that sounds all fine and dandy, but his customers would still order the pencil, and Lou would still scream bloody murder about doing them. I have seen him take six months or more on a custom ordered pencil and the customer was still ecstatic. So it was a pain in his rear to turn and it was a pain in his rear because his wallet was fat.

Top Bottom