"Curlz" - Sierra Strikes Again!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from akbar24601

akbar24601

Well, another thing that came in my package from exoticblanks yesterday, was this very cool Metallic Purple blank. On this blank was written: For Sierra. Dawn was very sweet and sent this blank for Sierra as a thank you for being persistent and getting me back on the lathe. So, here we go again! Sierra is all jazzed about this blank and is on me to do it. So we talked about what she would like and I told her I had been wanting to do that so I'd give it a try. She doesn't know that it's done yet, she's still sleeping :cool:

Cool Purple Metallic Resin with Aluminum Segments on an Chrome Two-Tone Wall St. II.

Thanks for checkin' it out. Any and all feedback is welcome.

P.S. - Dawn, Sierra says "Thank You So Much!!!" :tongue:

Attachments

• Curlz - Sierra Strikes Again.jpg
    Curlz - Sierra Strikes Again.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 446
  • Curlz - Sierra Strikes Again - 2.jpg
    Curlz - Sierra Strikes Again - 2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 295
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rollerbob

Steve, man you really jazzed up that little chunk of purple. The segmented aluminum really bought the Wall Street to life! Way cool!!:cool::cool:

Last edited:

cnirenberg

Steve,
Way to go. She is gonna love that pen. Awesome. The aluminum sets the acrylic off and accents it perfectly. That is a keeper for sure. Awesome pen. Just awesome.

tdibiasio

OK so what gives here - can you let me know how you went about segmenting this blank??? I have a color combination in my head that would look just great with this segmenting.

Really an amazing effort !!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Looks like an INLAY, not a segmentation. I've TRIED that --- unsuccessfully, a few times.

The end of the wire doesn''t understand it has a NEW home and wants to pop out when your tool hits it.

GREAT job, Steve!!!

BTW, you may want to tell everyone that "Sierra" is your daughter. There is also a pen named "Sierra" which COULD cause some confusion.

Nickfff

Steve,
Excellent job! Looks Great!

How did you do that?

Is it segmented or inlayed?

If inlayed how do you cut the room for the wire-a dremel? Laser?

Thanks,
Nick

TomW

BTW, you may want to tell everyone that "Sierra" is your daughter. There is also a pen named "Sierra" which COULD cause some confusion.

Wow... that makes the OP make MUCH more sense! I've talked to my pens before, but NEVER like that!

Tom

USAFVET98

Awesome job Steve.. Beautiful pen..

Well, another thing that came in my package from exoticblanks yesterday, was this very cool Metallic Purple blank. On this blank was written: For Sierra. Dawn was very sweet and sent this blank for Sierra as a thank you for being persistent and getting me back on the lathe. So, here we go again! Sierra is all jazzed about this blank and is on me to do it. So we talked about what she would like and I told her I had been wanting to do that so I'd give it a try. She doesn't know that it's done yet, she's still sleeping :cool:

Cool Purple Metallic Resin with Aluminum Segments on an Chrome Two-Tone Wall St. II.

Thanks for checkin' it out. Any and all feedback is welcome.

PR_Princess

Tell Sierra that she is welcome so much! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

But I really should be thanking her for getting you back to the lathe! I hope that she remembers that "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence".... Especially where stubborn fathers are concerned. :biggrin:

And Steve, how you can add those aluminum segments in and on a round resin blank to boot is amazing to me. I only hope that Sierra appreciates the time, effort, and talent that her Dad put into this one! :tongue::cool:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
My mother told me that you could be my father. I would like a Jr Statesman in DIW with Aluminum inlays please. Thanks Dad.:biggrin:

akbar24601

Thanks to all! I really appreciate all of the nice things that you have to say!

I've gotta pay you a visit next time down there . Great work Steve !

Now Chuck, you know you are welcome, you just need to show up next time!!!:biggrin:

Looks like an INLAY, not a segmentation. I've TRIED that --- unsuccessfully, a few times.

The end of the wire doesn''t understand it has a NEW home and wants to pop out when your tool hits it.

Nope, Ed, this is a segmentation for sure. My cuts were all the way through the resin and my pieces of alum. are all the way through too. I can only imagine the trouble that would come from trying to inlay that. Kudos to you guys for trying!

Tell Sierra that she is welcome so much! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

But I really should be thanking her for getting you back to the lathe! I hope that she remembers that "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence".... Especially where stubborn fathers are concerned. :biggrin:

And Steve, how you can add those aluminum segments in and on a round resin blank to boot is amazing to me. I only hope that Sierra appreciates the time, effort, and talent that her Dad put into this one! :tongue::cool:

Oh you know that's right!!! Apparently she has the will of an 18 wheeler to get this stubborn dad to move!:mad-tongue::wink: Yes, she is very appreciative of the time and effort that goes in to these pens:)

My mother told me that you could be my father. I would like a Jr Statesman in DIW with Aluminum inlays please. Thanks Dad.:biggrin:

Oh Son!!! That is the funniest thing that I have heard in a long time!!! Thank you so much for the good laugh!!!:rotfl::clown::rotfl: You send me the materials and I'll get you taken care of.:cool:

Top Bottom