Curly Massandruba (Balata) Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

I have been wanting to turn a pen out of this balata wood. So while the trick or treaters were running around I headed down to the shop and switched on the lathe! The wood turns nicely and finished up well. This blank was a subtle two-tone.

It was sanded to MM 12,000 and doubled buffed. Then I applied tung oil. After that had some time to dry, I applied seven layers of CA/BLO. I did something different this time. I did not sand the blanks as I went from layer to layer. I applied the CA and then turned up the speed to 4000 RPM as I gave it the BLO rubdown. By the time it was done I didn't think any sanding was required.

I kept that up until layer 7 and then went from 2400 to 12,000 MM with a double buff and then a coat of Ren wax. The cigar is Black Titanium.

I think I will give it to a biker friend at his surprise birthday party tonight! Here are the PIX:

sCIMG4857.jpg

sCIMG4858.jpg

sCIMG4859.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

Dang, do you ever turn a BAD piece???? All I've ever seen is great stuff, exotic woods and good humor.

Bree

Dang, do you ever turn a BAD piece???? All I've ever seen is great stuff, exotic woods and good humor.

You missed my message about the GORGEOUS, LOVELY, CA/BLO AWESOME, genuine Lignum Vitae (Guayacan) Cigar pen that I recently turned with 1-LONG-4 and 3-SHORT-2 bushing/tube combo!! Your basic worthless pieces of beautiful junk based upon Bree's total stupidity!!

Same foolishness as my Fat Eastern Apple Reverse Cigar which was right in my head as I did exactly the same dumb mistake on the Guayacan despite writing down the correct order minutes before messing it up.

I just don't show my screw ups!! LOL!!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom