Curly Maple Slim and personal pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Lordfud13

Lordfud13

I made the Curly maple one for my wife and the Wall Street II for myself, almost impossible to keep hold of it, my kids are like vultures. Both are finished with Mylands friction polish. Haven't tried a lot of other finishes yet! Looking for the weekend so I can try out a CA finish on some scrap.....:question:

Attachments

• 100_0573.jpg
    100_0573.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 100_0583.jpg
    100_0583.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

witz1976

Pens look nice. As for trying CA on scrap is a great idea. I bought a 3/4" wooden dowel for $2 cut it down to blank size and finished away. About 1/2 way though the dowel I pretty much had it figured out to where I tried it on a quality piece of timber and came out good. CA is frusterating though, so don't give up. Just my $.02

Rick_G

That should keep the wife happy for a while. Of course once you get the CA finish down she will be wanting a new one. :) Have to agree practicing on scrap is the way to go. There seem to be so many variables to a CA finish, temp., lathe speed etc. When you find a method that works for you stick with it no matter how many of us say, "well that's not the way I do it.":)

jbostian

Looking good. I agree with Rick, find a way that works for you and don't worry about how everyone else does it.

Jamie

bitshird

CA is different for every one, temperature and humidity have some strange effects, just keep experimenting until you find what work for you, also the oils of some woods will play havoc with you.

Top Bottom