Curly Koa Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from agfox

Status
Not open for further replies.

agfox

I'm on a slimline kick. Satin Copper from Ernie at Beartooth woods, Enduro finish. The satin copper is a neat look, but hard to match up a good wood to it. I know it's probably another boring slimline for most of you, but it's what keeps selling for me. I do alright?

Thanks for peekin,

Nathan -- who's tryin real hard to make somethin worthwhile...

SatinCopperCurlyKoaCustom.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Spike

I really like that copper look. The wood is fantastic. I mostly make slimlines. I like them though, but the bigest reason is because the people in my area to does not have a lot of money to spend. Most people think $25 is too much for a pen.

Ron Mc

Nathan,
That's Curly Koa? That has to be the best looking curly koa I have ever seen. Very nice pen! I'm not a slimline turner myself but if I were I would hope that they looked like that.[:D]

pen-turners

That is the sapwood portion of the Koa which is very light colored. Whenever I use the sapwood, they sell right away!!! Curly Mango looks much the same.

Chris

its_virgil

Koa is an evergreen so the wood is soft like cedar and other evergreens. But, it can be stricking. I have a piece of very kerley koa just waiting its turn for the right kit.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by BryanJon
<br />I have not worked with Koa as of yet. How is it to work with?

Dario

Originally posted by pen-turners
<br />That is the sapwood portion of the Koa which is very light colored. Whenever I use the sapwood, they sell right away!!! Curly Mango looks much the same.

Chris

I have lots of curly Koa and dome curly Mango...I just need more shop time to turn them. Looking forward it since I saw a few koa pen in person and they really look great!

agfox

Originally posted by BryanJon
<br />I have not worked with Koa as of yet. How is it to work with?

Nothing real special, I didn't notice anything remarkable when turning it. I just try to keep the tools sharp on the figured woods. It is indeed sap wood, I picked it special to match up to the copper kit. I turned one with more red color and posted it here about a week ago. There's not many woods in my arsenal that go with the copper, they just don't look right to my eye. I feel like a fashion designer holding hardware bags to wood. Does this go? NO.. no.. No... maybe... YES!

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom