Curly Koa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bassman00

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassman00

Curly Koa is one of my top 5 favorite woods.

200521181957_Koa%20Baron%20FP.jpg

Curly Koa Baron FP in Black Ti. This is from the first batch of Barons and Jr Gent/Gents I made. There's more in my photo album. I never really used a Rollerball or Fountain Pen before. I definitely prefer the feel of these over normal ball points. Even the Gels.

200521182341_Koa%20Cigar.jpg

Here's the first Cigar I made too. There's a couple more Cigars in my album too. After spending a couple of weeks making these larger pens, the slimlines feel so small.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Very nice... I also love Curly Koa... am waiting for 25 blanks of instrument grade Curly Koa to arrive now from the Islands... if they are half as nice as the pics I was sent they are going to be outstanding...

PenWorks

Beautifull pens Paul. That was a good batch of Koa you cut into. Great pic as well, I have never been able to get the black Ti to look black like you did. Great Job.

Anthony

bassman00

Thanks All. Seeing all the wonderful pens you all have created has inspired me. I'm constantly amazed at the high quality workmanship I see displayed here on a daily basis.

Those were two beautiful blanks. I'm just glad I didn't blow them up. I'm going to use the Baron FP as my personal pen though it will be hard to hand the Cigar over to my SIL for consignment in the shop she works at.

As far as the picture, it's probably dumb luck. After reading up on all the photography advice, I dusted off the manual to my Coolpix 950 and realized it could do A LOT more than I thought it could. I'm still experimenting with the various manual settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom