Cup O' Joe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

Thank you Jeff Powell for the fun blank. I love turning your blanks - they are soooo smoooth.

I tried to do it justice with some photos. There are some interesting shapes in those coffee grounds!

I did goof up!! I had a wrong bushing for the body end - so I improvised instead of remounting and decided I didn't mind it terribly. I can always fix it later. Kit is the Gentleman's GoldT Rollerball.

I think the blanks is fabulous - I would like it just as much without the scrolled coffee cup. Looking forward to turning the picaso next! :)

Comments always welcome.

Martin

Attachments

• CoffeeGrinds-1.jpg
    CoffeeGrinds-1.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 160
  • CoffeeGrinds-2.jpg
    CoffeeGrinds-2.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 156
  • CoffeeGrinds-3.jpg
    CoffeeGrinds-3.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 149
  • CoffeeGrinds-4.jpg
    CoffeeGrinds-4.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 153
  • CoffeeGrinds-5.jpg
    CoffeeGrinds-5.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 144
  • CoffeeGrinds-6.jpg
    CoffeeGrinds-6.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 143
  • CoffeeGrinds-7.jpg
    CoffeeGrinds-7.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 150
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Fantastic work Martin! The more I see Jeff's blanks the more I think he's a Mad Scientist, ha ha ha. Really though, he comes up with some awesome ideas for sets. As much as I like the scrolled cup, I think it would be just as amazing without it as you pointed out. Did you have to reverse paint the blank or was it a direct turn?

workinforwood

Looks excellent Martin. It's very difficult to capture coffee grounds..just like coffee beans they float so you have to time it as best you can and pray from then on that you trap as much as you can. Sure spins easier than beans though, and I find they are easy to find customers for!

wizard

Martin, That is a truly cool pen!! Jeff makes some awesome blanks and you made a very unique and stunning pen with it. Looks like you used the another ring from the front end of the barrel for the rear portion of the barrel. Good thinking!:wink: I cannot get over how much ground coffee must have been in that blank. There's nothing better than the smell of turning one of Jeff's coffee blanks in the A.M.:rolleyes: Regards, Doc

Top Bottom