Cumberland Kitless Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Finished it up early this morning and had time to post it...Have been working on it a little bit at a time while I finish some work projects. Had fun making it... Hope you like it.
Doc:)

Attachments

• Cumberland with Gold Accents_1.jpg
    Cumberland with Gold Accents_1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 433
  • Cumberland with Gold Accents.jpg
    Cumberland with Gold Accents.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 399
  • Cumberland with Gold Accents_4.jpg
    Cumberland with Gold Accents_4.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 397
  • Cumberland with Gold Accents_3.jpg
    Cumberland with Gold Accents_3.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 417
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

Wow. That is really nice. Do you make the rings on a metal lathe or buy them somewhere? I want to add rings to the kitless ones I am working on but not sure how to go about it.

I really like that material. Looks professional and classy. Really good job with it.

bluwolf

Doc, I don't know how I missed this. It's beautiful. Very clean and crisp looking. Nice clean lines. Well done!

Mike

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Outstanding pen Doc! Are the parts brass or plated? I wouldn't know the difference from the photos. :redface: Really very nice work.

wizard

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Wow. That is really nice. Do you make the rings on a metal lathe or buy them somewhere? I want to add rings to the kitless ones I am working on but not sure how to go about it.
I really like that material. Looks professional and classy. Really good job with it.

Ron, Thank you. I usually make my own bands from sheet of sterling silver and solder them. The center band on this pen is a sterling silver band I bought some time ago from an E Bay seller that is a pipe maker. Will find name and PM you. I plated the band with FastGold from Caswell and my own rectifier
which lays down a pretty heavy durable coat. Finished with Caswell metal lacquer. The other gold accents are from Richard Greenwald.

Beautiful !! What material is it ?
Mal, Thank you. It's Cumberland ebonite...

Outstanding pen Doc! Are the parts brass or plated? I wouldn't know the difference from the photos. :redface: Really very nice work.
Chuck, thank you... It's gold plated as I described to Ron above.
Regards, Doc. :)

Last edited:

OZturner

Outstandingly Beautiful Pen, Doc.
Perfect Profile, Proportions and Lines.
Glorious Fit and Finish.
Superb Rings and Components.
Craftsmanship Personified.
What a Talent.
Brian.

MartinPens

I've admired your work from day one, Doc. I haven't been around much for a while, but it was nice to come on and see this! Reminds me of what I was inspired to aim for prior to moving and having life take a side rail. Your craftsmanship is awesome.

Top Bottom