Cumberland Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

It's a Cumberland Ebonite Kitless Fountain Pen with a Medium Point #6 Gilded Bock Nib. Had fun making it. Hope you like it. Doc:)

Attachments

• Cumberland Kitless.jpg
    Cumberland Kitless.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 170
  • Cumberland Kitless_2.jpg
    Cumberland Kitless_2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Cumberland Kitless_1.jpg
    Cumberland Kitless_1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 124
  • Cumberland Kitless_3.jpg
    Cumberland Kitless_3.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Cumberland Kitless_4.jpg
    Cumberland Kitless_4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vanngo5d

Wow another great looking pen Doc, good job. Working on my first componentless pen, ehhh going slow and a little rough. Might have to start over. But not giving up. Ebonite sure is hard to get scratches out. And yours look perfect

Don

wizard

Wow another great looking pen Doc, good job. Working on my first componentless pen, ehhh going slow and a little rough. Might have to start over. But not giving up. Ebonite sure is hard to get scratches out. And yours look perfect

Don

Don, Thanks so much for the kind words! If I told you what I went through to get that finish..you would think I'm nuts! Took a while:rolleyes: but was worth it. Doc:).

That's beautiful Doc. Got a real classic look.
It was only yesterday I Emailed SEM asking about supply of Ebonite. What tools do you use on it?
Regards
John

John, Thanks so much. I pretty much used carbide tools with round insert for every thing but the tenons. Was German Ebonite..tough, dense but workable. Doc:)

Awesome looking work of art Doc.

Thanks Gary! Doc:)

Outstanding Doc!

Chuck, Thank you! Doc:)

Another winner! Nice and clean looking.

Mike

Mike, Thanks for the kind words. I have a long ways to go to catch up to you! Doc:)

wizard

Modified Version

I kept looking at this pen yesterday..and it didn't seem right to me..basically I didn't like it. The clip seemed too narrow for the size of the pen. I really didn't like the gilded nib and the gold clip. I didn't like the shape of the section...I think that pretty much covers it.. So I changed it.:) Doc

Attachments

• Cumberland Kitless Polished_2.jpg
    Cumberland Kitless Polished_2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Cumberland Kitless Polished.jpg
    Cumberland Kitless Polished.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Cumberland Kitless Polished_1.jpg
    Cumberland Kitless Polished_1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 99

its_virgil

Another very nice pen. I do like version 1.1 of this pen, version 1.0 was very nice also. The change in hardware plating was a nice move. Stop posting while I'm writing; I have a deadline to meet.:biggrin::biggrin::wink: Thanks for sharing.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom