Cucoo for Coco... bolo (photo added)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Okay, so I'm a bit looney. Y'all knew that already. Finally got another respectable Sierra off of my beer can bushings. I've used Mylands on three of them. The LV that I posted last night, a Koa that is awaiting the arrival of a certain plating and this one. Rationale is two fold. 1) Test - I have a Padauk pen in the filed that's been used daily since delivery in July that I finished w/Mylands that still looks as good now as the day I delivered it. 2) Two of these woods are dense and naturally oily and should hold up well naked, so I want to see how they hold up w/Mylands. I have some lacquer dipped Sierras curing.

2005126133449_sierraCHR_cocobolo.jpg

Thanks for your time and as always, feel free to speak your mind.

Had a request for this side.

2005126191436_sierraCHR_cocobolo2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Billy,
Nice. Can you post a picture of it on the clip side? I'd love to see the contrast between wood colors.

Dario

Billy,

Nice pen!

I see you are on the zone...pen making zone. Good to see someone is busy making pens still [;)]. I can't post on all that you are listing...since you seem to make them faster than I can post LOL.

I've got some crazy cocobolo...you will be working on one soon! [;)]

JimGo

Dang Billy! I am jealous of all your shopt time! That's a great pen; I like the heartwood and sapwood combo. Great job with the fit, especially for having loose bushings.

alamocdc

Thanks, guys! Ron, do you mean, clip up? I'll try to get one up later this afternoon. Dario, that sounds like a tease, but I think I like it. [:D] Jim, they aren't loose anymore. In my now deleted post from a few weeks ago you may remember me describing how I CA'd a piece of beer can around the tenon portion of the bushings and turned them down to fit since Berea doesn't seem to want to send us new ones even though they replaced them. [;)] I'm not trying to start anything here, so please, no tirades like those that led to the affore mentioned post being deleted. Just a vocalization of opinion on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom