Cuban Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Parson

Parson

Just delivered this cigar pen to a customer. The band was kinda beat up when I got it and I wasn't able to make it any better, but the customer was thrilled as it's a surprise for her husband.

These sure do take a lot of time. I bet I put 15 hours into it, getting the CA finish uniform and dull and the top the same size as the bottom. But the $150 in cash sure will knock the shine off my Christmas gift expenses for the wife!

Once again, the picture is clear but not done professionally with lights on a neutral background, but I know that if I don't post a pic it didn't happen :)

I used a Jr. Retro RB kit for the guts of the thing.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 422
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Randall, that is one good looking cigar. the fit between the top and bottom is spot on and the satin finish on ca, HOW? That is one even smooth finish. the pic threw me for a moment until I turned my head to align up correctly. haha. There is nothing wrong with that pic, it shows the pen in a good light.
Charles

aggromere

Just like all your other pens, that one is really sharp. I feel your pain, I make quite a few of them and struggle with most of them.

Mark

Very nice. Have any of you tried using Turkish Walnut for your pens. The three peices I've turned, looked like rolled tobacco. Just a thought. Nice looking pen.

wiset1

Now that is true craftsmanship! I envy those with the ability to do this type of work. One day I'll give it a try, but for now I'll just enjoy your work!

Parson

Mark, wood's cheap and finding wood that looks like cigar wrappers ain't easy! Why not buy it on your suggestion? It's as good as any I've found thus far.

leestoresund

I've not yet looked but could you let me know where you find some Turkish walnut? I've a got a cigar shop that wants some unique pens.

wizard

Randall, That is one beautiful pen! Never seen Turkish Walnut before..but that looks great...the idea of marketing to cigar stores is good. Thanks for showing! Regards, Doc

leestoresund

Well, I just saw the post for the guy from Turkey selling Turkish walnut.
But I have already ordered a whole handful (may 20 pounds) of TW.
I'll post some on the site when they get processed.

Lee

Top Bottom