CSUSA Chicago ballpoints

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ted iin Michigan

Hadn't seen very much talk about the new Chicago pens from Woodturners Catalog so I got a couple.

I did a chrome and a gold ballpoint. They are easy to turn and easy to assemble. They're a bit on the smaller side. Small enough that you'l need to post the roller ball cap to use the pen. Saw them described as "purse pens". Probably right. Twist ballpoint mechanism with a Cross refill. Not my favorite refill but it is what it is.

The top of the body is a fairly long piece of black plastic. I did a rollerball for LOML in a hot pink that contrasted nicely with the black but for the most part it'll be darker blanks.

The first one (below) is chrome with a blue Kogo blank. My first Kogo. If you aren't familiar with Kogo, it's like dyed OSB from the house they're building next door. Weird stuff. Fought me all the way but I think it turned out OK. The other one is an acrylic blank on a gold kit.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Chrome Chicago ballpoint - Blue Koga.jpg
    Chrome Chicago ballpoint - Blue Koga.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 258
  • Gold Chicago ballpoint - Crushed acrylic.jpg
    Gold Chicago ballpoint - Crushed acrylic.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 226
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
And here's the rollerball.

Attachments

• Chicago rollerball - Chrome - Hot pink acrylic 1.jpg
    Chicago rollerball - Chrome - Hot pink acrylic 1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Chicago rollerball - Chrome - Hot pink acrylic 2.jpg
    Chicago rollerball - Chrome - Hot pink acrylic 2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 103

76winger

They seem to be a great looking pen and you did a great job on them. I too would prefer them if they'd been designed around a parker style cartridge instead. At least they have the rollerball option...

Top Bottom