CSUSA/Berea El. Beauty - "30 Silver" revisited

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from leehljp

leehljp

Member Liaison
Rick posted a mini-review last fall on the differences of the CSUSA versus the Berea Elegant Beauties. Click here for the review.

A couple of weeks ago, there was another post (click here) that noted the differences in the Elegant Beauty and who sold which kit.

CS calls theirs the Aero but other vendors and companies call theirs "Elegant Beauty" also. There is a difference in size and tubes.

Last fall, after making the first two pens in the "30 Pieces of Silver" design (click here) I started making my "30 Pieces of Silver" pen in both different pen sizes. Because of work and the extra care needed (by me) for CA finishes in cool/cold weather, I gave up and waited until this past week to do the finish.

There is one difference in these versus the original, - rather than random dots signifying a certain event, I did put them in order at the suggestion of LOML and also by Skye in a previous post.

Below are the two pens compared. The picts are not quite as good light wise as the past ones. I am building a light system and haven't finished yet. One of the pens shows a bad reflection as a result of the tent and current lighting.

1 Large pict for best comparison on size:
attachment.jpg

Other picts of the comparison:

Attachments

• 2 EB Sm vertical.jpg
    2 EB Sm vertical.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 646
  • 2EB Hor SM.jpg
    2EB Hor SM.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 222
  • 2 EB angle Sm.jpg
    2 EB angle Sm.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Hank, I believe I like the random placement of the silver the most, Although I like the Dayacom EB better for the operation of the transmission,

Very nice Hank. one of these ill be good enuf to try better pens but for now ill just stick to the cheaper easier pens. Hope to be as good as you and the others here, just wish there I could locate other pen turners near me so I dont have to travel a couple hrs or so.

kruzzer

Hank,
I'll take either one... I really like the wood combinations and of course the "silver".... now if we could only find gold solder......

leehljp

Member Liaison
.... now if we could only find gold solder......

I have been looking for gold colored solder for several months and can't find any that is soft enough to use in pen making. I can find brass but those are too hard to turn in the same manner as the silver is. Of course I do turn brass rings but they are glued in differently.

IF anyone knows of soft brass/gold colored solder or wire, I would appreciate a web link to that.

ldb2000

Hank , have you tried solid core copper wire ? not as gold as brass or gold but it's kinda goldish . 20ga should work and should be soft enough to turn easily .

leehljp

Member Liaison
Hank , have you tried solid core copper wire ? not as gold as brass or gold but it's kinda goldish . 20ga should work and should be soft enough to turn easily .

I haven't but that is in the future, hopefully this summer. I have already been checking hardware, electronics, electrical supply, jewelry supply and hobby shops - and have short pieces of different kinds, thicknesses. I have even entertained the thought of touching silver ends with yellowish or light orange marker to see if it would look gold - then cover it with CA quickly. :biggrin:

Top Bottom