Cryptex Comp. Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jmbaker79

jmbaker79

So here it is....My Exotic Blanks Advanced Beautiful Pen Enty which made the top 21...

This Cryptex Fountain Pen consist of Metallic Blue Acrylic,
and Alternative Ivory. Six free rotating rings have been laser
engraved, and color filled black, with the special text combination. I Lined up "IAP" for the photos but the key word is DELUCA, incase you steal this one and cant figure out how to refill your new writing instrument! Only when the letters are aligned correctly with the inlaid black swaroski crystal, the inner body will extend outward
reveling a push button filler to refill your writing instrument. A
rounded steel key pin (rear end of a now non-functional airbrush needle) smoothly glides through each ring, and locks in
at the bottom ring. Chrome Plated materials, featuring a Heritance
Fountain pen nib. I also included a photo of the rings interior just in case there was any questions as to the realistic function! Was absolutely the most advanced pen I have made to date, and the one that took the absolute longest in production. The next one should go a little easier!

Thanks for your viewing time, and C&C Welcome!

Attachments

• J1.jpg
    J1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,126
  • J2.jpg
    J2.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 796
  • J3.jpg
    J3.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 5,238
  • CRYPTEX ring.jpg
    CRYPTEX ring.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
NEVER.....have I EVER....seen anything like this pen. :redface: What pen school did you got to? :biggrin: Fantastic work Justin:wink:

jmbaker79

Never....Have I Ever...received such an awesome comment...your aus swap pen just went from 10ct to Chrome :tongue::biggrin:

alphageek

Former Moderator
THAT is awesome!!! I've had an idea for that in my head, but I know I wouldn't have had that good of execution first try!!!

That would have been one to put into a contest!!

jmbaker79

THAT is awesome!!! I've had an idea for that in my head, but I know I wouldn't have had that good of execution first try!!!

I am sure you were busy moderating, but it was entered in the EB Beautiful Contest..just throwing it out there if there was any confusion!
I edited the description for that too.

Last edited:

Ed McDonnell

I found myself wondering why this one didn't make the final 5. The only thing I can figure is that the judges didn't think having to enter a combination to access the ink system was user friendly. Although I suppose it could be just as simple as them liking others more.

Ed

RichF

This really is a wonderful pen. I was expecting it in the final as well. I know for sure that it would have done well in the freestyle.

alphageek

Former Moderator

I am sure you were busy moderating, but it was entered in the EB Beautiful Contest..just throwing it out there if there was any confusion!
I edited the description for that too.

Wow.. guess I just missed it. (And I have NO idea how).... There was a ton of beautiful pens in many of the contests this year. I didn't have a ton of time besides moderating and puzzles :) I did try to see them all, but guess I failed!

jttheclockman

Another one of those thinking outside the box concepts for a pen. Congrads and thanks for showing and sharing. Great to see innovation like this.

Sylvanite

That is a fantastic execution of a novel idea! Very creative and well done. I think the only problem was entering the pen in the Beautiful Pen Contest instead of the Freestyle Contest.

Thanks for sharing it,
Eric

MarkD

The design and workmanship of this pen is outstanding. I considered it to be one of the best pens of the BASH! Congratulations!

PenMan1

This the most original work of art I've ever seen on this forum! GREAT concept, excellent execution. This is a pen that I would love to own!

Keep up the good works!

PaulDoug

Yep, I think maybe the only problem was you put it in the wrong contest. That is an outstanding pen, great concept, and superb craftsmanship. Congratulations!

Triple Crown

WOW!! I loved seeing this in the competition and thank you so much for sharing about it. From the competition photos, I had no idea how complex it really is!! So many moving parts to unlock it and make it work! The detail is just phenomenal! Work of art is true - a masterpiece!!! Thanks again for sharing about it!

Greg

ironman123

If we (me,myself & I) had been judges, you would have had 3 more votes.

Great idea, fabulous workmanship and a superb peice of art. :star::star::star::star::star:

Ray

jmbaker79

Thanks Everyone for the kind comments! This one was made for the advanced beautiful pen competition, and that is why it was entered there. I want to be put up against the best competition out there, and IMHO thats what the ABPC was about. While the freestyle comp had some neat stuff, I would have been 1000x more proud to have placed in this comp. I had a plan for a freestyle pen, but it will be next year before it comes to life. Perhaps we needed a peoples choice award for me to have place in the top 5. At the end of the day, I am happy with my effort. I received such awesome comments here, there, and through PM that I absolutely feel like a winner! Thanks Again, and I will get em next year!

SDB777

First thing that came to mind was the movie Tom Hanks was in where he had to decrypt the item to get the scroll...."Apple", if I remember correctly!?!?!?

Love it!!

Scott (is there a scroll in there) B

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Absolutely superb craftsmanship !! I'm just as stunned as everyone else that this one didn't win, let alone make the top five!! This is why we need member polls instead of selected judges.:wink:

jmbaker79

Eric, I always tell the wife, " Hey I am going to the Raleigh Meeting on this date" and I either forget or usually we have cakes to make, or.....I promise I am coming someday! I would love to contribute, and be a part of the group there! Ya dont have to twist my arm!!:rolleyes::biggrin:

Top Bottom