crushed velvet, cob, and leather

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Here is what I've been up to lately. These three are off to the display in Provo. Enjoy and comments welcome, good or otherwise.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

20055270320_IMG_0442.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Lou,
Signature line as in the last pen....? Not original with me, but I do like the pen and making it with just one kit is better than using parts from two kits. I've only seen one other person use leather. This is maybe my 4th or 5th and I really like this on. I like the thicker leather. I had another leather pen...an atlas...but the two 1/4 inch wood disks on each end cracked. I will post a picture of it later this evening. Thanks for the comments.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Nice pens, all, Don--but I love your new signature line, especially the bottom one!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Yes, Don. I should have been more specific. The adaptation of the slimline gives it a whole new look. In my (never humble) opinion, it's as revolutionary a design change as the "Russ-line". [8D]

its_virgil

Thanks Serge and Jim and Johnny. I don't think any will win votes but they are neat pens. There will be some really nice pens in the display from the best of our fellow turners. But heh, it is fun. Thanks again.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Very nice, as always Don! Good luck in Provo!

woodscavenger

I like the top one best. Is it a modified slimline? do you leave part of the tube from the lower section hang out naked and slip it into the longer crushed velvet section?

its_virgil

Woodscavenger,
It is a modified slimline. Here is a picture of the first one I did and another picture of it apart. I think what I did will be obvious. On The top part takes a full 7mm tube and part of another one. The whole pen is a little longer than a slimling. If the pics don't explain it all let me know and I'll try words.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

200552732517_Dons%20challenge.jpg
<br />

20055273263_dons%20challenge%20apart.jpg
<br />
Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />I like the top one best. Is it a modified slimline? do you leave part of the tube from the lower section hang out naked and slip it into the longer crushed velvet section?

Darley

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />Thanks Serge and Jim and Johnny. I don't think any will win votes but they are neat pens. There will be some really nice pens in the display from the best of our fellow turners. But heh, it is fun. Thanks again.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Very nice, as always Don! Good luck in Provo!

Don't forget to take some photos I would be very interested to see some display, send in April an e-mail for the Provo contest never have an answer back, never mind maybe next year.

Serge

its_virgil

Thanks Tom. It is kinda my favorite also.
Serge,
Sorry you didn't get an answer to your email about the pen display at Provo. I will take some phots and post them somewhere and Kurt Hertzog will have pictures of the display and the rendezvous on his website at http://www.turtlewoodworks.com . There are pictures of the last two rendezvous there also.
Do a good turn dailyu!
Don
Originally posted by Tom McMillan
<br />All very, very nice Don!!! Really like the PVC and Crushed Velvet!!![:)]

Scott

Hi Don!

Killer pens! They're all nice! But I really like the black and crushed velvet one. That is special!

I finally got a pen done and off for the display. I can hardly wait to see the pictures for all the entries!

Scott.

its_virgil

Randy and Allen,
Thanks for looking and the favorable comments.

John(Deere41h)...Thanks...I wonder if they have a chance...The only others I've seen have been Tom's and Anthony's....Pretty stiff competition. But the acutal voters are the Woodturning Symposium attendees who will vote at the display in the instant gallery. I have seen no pictures of display pens posted over on the yahoo group. It was fun and when the pictures of the entire display are posted, there will be a wide array of pens, materials, and styles. Oh, BTW, I like the Texas flag flying in your signature.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

PenWorks

Don, since the attendees are voting, I think a pen being made of wood, will have a slight advantage, just a guess. Glad I sent one wood one. [:D] I look forward to seeing all the entries soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom