Crushed Shell Jr Emp

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodpens

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpens

This is my first Jr Emperor pen. It is heavy, but not nearly as heavy as the full sized Emperor. This is the very last piece of this acrylic I had. My understanding is that they are no longer commercially available, except possibly on Mont Blancs. Critiques welcome.

EmpJrShell1.jpg

EmpJrShell2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LanceD

Beautiful lookig pen but only ONE critique. I would swap out the nib for a fountain pen. It looks just too expensive to be a rollerball.

woodpens

Thanks for the comments. I agree that it is a busy pattern, but it is my favorite acrylic. I don't think it would have worked with the gold version, but this kit is fine.

Lance - I may swap it out for a fountain if I make up my mind to sell it. I haven't decided to give it up yet. [;)]

cueman

Jim, that emperor is way too busy, but I would be willing to take it off your hands, you should send it to me right away! [:D][:D]

On a serious note, out of all the acrylics I have seen, I don't know that you could have picked a better match for that kit. VERY NICE! [:)]

Randy_

What a shame that material is no longer available.[:(][:(] I wonder if some of the members, here, who cast their own blanks could duplicate or at least come close to that pattern?? I bet there would be a nice market for such blanks.

JimGo

Randy,
Would this come close enough, perhaps substituting Mother of Pearl for the Abalone?

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=15398&SearchTerms=abalone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom