Crushed Shell Decora

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodpens

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpens

This is almost my last piece of crushed shell Decora. Does anyone have any more that they would be willing to sell or trade at a handsome profit? :)

20041221221937_GM07.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodpens

Thanks for the comment. I believe I got it in a trade, but some of the regular suppliers used to carry it. I was told that it was made by a company in Italy and Mont Blanc bought them out. It is beautiful stuff, but it's hard to find anymore.

Fred in NC

The pen is gorgeous, Jim.

Is this Decora all plastic/resin, or is there shell or other material in it ? I have never seen it first handed.

Tom McMillan

Great pen Jim!!! We gotta track that stuff down----OK, this is an International group---guys, keep your eyes open---and let us all know where this stuff is???? We gotta have some (preferable tons!!!)

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
From what I've read, the crushed shell decora was discontinued. I keep hearing rumors of a replacement, tentatively called "stained glass" but have not been able to get a line on a producer. But I'm STILL looking!

woodpens

It turns like any other Decora/Acrylic/Celluloid blank I have turned and polishes up like glass. The only problem with this pen is keeping it away from my wife! [:D] I don't make many pens for myself, but this is one that I did because I don't know if I will ever get any more blanks. [:(]

Maybe we can find some as a group, or even influence the manufacturers like we did to produce higher quality kits.

PenWorks

It is out there, somewhere? But, several pen companies are still using it in current production pens. I noticed if the pen companies still use it, we don't get it. I was surprised it became available when it did. Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom