Crush Velvet Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mudder

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mudder

Didn't know how this one would turn out. This is the Crush velvet I got from woodcraft and the blanks were only 5/8" square. The cigar is becoming my favorite pen kit.

Hope you like it.

2005224114615_Image3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I love that crushed velvet,you did a great job.
I get nervous with 5/8's blanks on any pen but a slim line.
My Ryobi DP has a little run out.
You can't beat the cigar pen for value!
Look at all the parts you get for less than $3.00!
I'd like to find the hardware that would allow me to make a custom finial an lose the "bolt head"

M

Mudder

Thanks Eagle,

Coming from a guy as talented as you are that comment means a lot to me.
I may not have always commented on your work but I was always impressed and inspired by it.

WoodChucker

Mudder, great looking pen! I agree about the Cigar kit being a good value, and it's a great way to show off the wood/plastic. I think it's right up there with the Jr.Gent twist pen, not quite the quality but for less then half the cost it's a dang good buy.

woodscavenger

I was at woodcraft last week and saw a variety pack of that stuff for about $1.50 per blank. I should have picked them up! Great work. Nice accuracy as well getting a cigar from the small blanks. I did a wenge cigar the other day from a 5/8" blank and wasn't sure I was going to make it.

jdavis

Great job of turning and finishing. I just received some crushed velvet and have them ready to turn. We turn alot of Aquapearl blue and black as our school colors are blue,black and white. Keep turning.

cigarman

Great looking pen Mudder. I do have a question about the finish. I just did a slim line in crushed velvet and sanded it with acrylic finishing kit down to 4000 grit and applied Huts Ultra Gloss. When finished I could see some real fine scratches on the pen. Did you have this problem and if not what am I doing wrong?

M

Mudder

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />I was at woodcraft last week and saw a variety pack of that stuff for about $1.50 per blank. I should have picked them up!

That's what I used, still have 5 colors to go.

Cigarman,

I used the Micro Mesh kit from Woodcraft and wet sanded the blank through all the grits. Brought this pen to work and have trouble finding scratches under a 30x microscope.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Randy_

I have done some Corian pens and just run them through all the MM grades up to 12000 and they really shine. I put some "Presidents Choice" on them; but they really don't need it. I imagine the same treatment would work just fine for crushed velvet?? I have a couple of blanks; but haven't tried them yet. The Corian pens are all living with friends in Iraq. Wonder what they will look like after a year in all of that sand and dust???

Mudder: I love that green CV. That's the color I bought and I have several cigar kits laying around as that is my favorite kit.....i think you have given me an inspiration!!! Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom