Crossroads- Ornamental pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from barrels

barrels

This a pen turned on a rose engine lathe, thought I would get some feedback on this concept.

Thank you in advance...Please comments good or bad

P5234467%202%202.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Pretty cool!!! I like it. It reminds me of that excellent 'Stealth Pen' that I think Chuckie did.:D

great12b4ever

I like the looks of this pen. It sort of reminds me of the hand checkering I do on gunstocks and rifles for the custom guns, but without the sharp edges. Very nice.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
What Cav said ! Also , I really like Black and Chrome ! This is very nice . Can the Rose engine do everything ? Thanks for sharing this one . It is very interesting . Good work ! [8D]

barrels

Thank you for the comments.

Tony the material is acrylic.
Yes the rose engine is endless in its ability, the only thing that limits the machine is my limits.
The picture of the pen does not do it justice.

VisExp

I am undecided. Part of me likes it, but part of me feels it has the look of a pen that has just rolled off the end of a production line. I realize that is certainly not the case, and I don't mean to belittle the craftsmanship and your hard work, to my eye it just has that feel to it.

I came back to this thread three times before making this post. I hope you take my comment in the spirit it was intended.

PaulDoug

Originally posted by VisExp

I am undecided. Part of me likes it, but part of me feels it has the look of a pen that has just rolled off the end of a production line. I realize that is certainly not the case, and I don't mean to belittle the craftsmanship and your hard work, to my eye it just has that feel to it.

I came back to this thread three times before making this post. I hope you take my comment in the spirit it was intended.

VisExp, I have to admit that was my first impression also. I like the pen and I agree with the other comments, But the feeling I get with the rose engine things is maybe it is just too perfect. Takes away the hand crafted look. That being said, that is a cool pen. It does feel tactical. If I was a Cop, I'd have to have it!

OldWrangler

I wrote the other day on another topic about how we should honestly express our views in a constructive manner. I just don't like the plastic look of acrylics even though I make and sell some.
I appreciate all the craftsmanship that went into this pen. The work is flawless but it is just not to my taste. Could all this effort be put into a nice piece of wood (kinda like checkering a gun stock)? I think the wood done this way would be dynamite. I'd really like to see it in wood.
The work is great and I really admire what can be done with a Rose lathe. I just would have preferred it in wood.
And my opinion seems to be in the minority for what that is worth!!

Top Bottom