Cross, for a friend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gwilki

gwilki

A friend asked me to do this for his wife.

The kit is the old style Sierra in titanium gold. The blank is bowling ball. The cross is brass filings.

The picture is terrible - sorry about that.

200822615353_IMG_0008.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gwilki

Tks. I cheated. :) I have a new Taig mini metal lathe. I clamped the blank to the milling slide and used a 1/16" mill cutter to do it. It took longer to set up than it did to do the cuts. There are two crosses - one on each side of the clip.

gwilki

Thanks, guys.

Ronald: The small specks are a bit of mix between gold and silver colour. They are actually stronger in the pic than in the blank.

To all: On another forum, it was suggested that I move the cross closer to the finial.I would appreciate any comments on that.

GoodTurns

Originally posted by gwilki

To all: On another forum, it was suggested that I move the cross closer to the finial.I would appreciate any comments on that.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the pic. It looks off-center as it stands. Either centered or towards the top would look more "planned".

I like the method of cutting it in and filling, gives the opportunity to use any variety of materials, not just another slice of wood or metal.

Top Bottom