cross cut red gum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from blacksmith2461

Status
Not open for further replies.
decided to cross cut a piece of red gum with very pleasing results.and I think my photography is getting better[8D]I have even improved the finish thanks to everyone at iap. I'm still using shellawax. I'm going to try a ca finish next week wish me luck.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
sorry no photo take two

200671613579_IMGP0188.jpg
<br />

I'm from brisbane yes I'm a cane toad[8D]I got this piece of red gum from a bloke in mullumbimbi near byron bay. it's got some great figure in it also a lot of worm holes which gives me a bit of gref.

alamocdc

David, that looks nothing like my Redgum, but I like it. I got some curly Redgum from a mate in Oz some time back and I love the stuff. I really think I like the look of that pen, but may I make a suggestion? I'd like to be able to see it better... you know, more of the pen, so having the pen itself take up most of the frame would better serve you. Not trying to insult, just making a suggestion.

Something like this, but maybe a tad larger. I really hope you don't mind.

200671614500_IMGP0188.jpg
<br />
It looks grainy because I expanded the size. By reducing the initial frame size to just larger than the pen, you'll get a much higher quality than my example.

all suggestions welcome thanks Billy. yes its a very unusual red gum I've never seen red gum like this one and the bloke I bought it from had never seen anything like it.mabe I should have bought the seven ton of it he had.the wife would have been real impressed[B)]and yes its a slimline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom