Cross and box wraps om a Falcon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Lynch

Dale Lynch

Hi fellas,here is my latest attempt at thread art."Nowhere to turn".inspired by the bad beat the Huskers took saturday.Comments and critisizims welcome
DSCF4181.jpg

I started with a 4 way cheveron crosswrap.I used wht,blk,bright red,red/wht/blu twist,2 threads each, up and down.64 threads,one at a time.
DSCF4184.jpg

To fill the rest of the tube I used a reverse diamond box wrap design.I used the same threads as before and added dark red.I started with the red/wht/blu twist 3 threads up and down.I wrapped the rest of the pattern from the outside in.2 threads each up and down.42 threads,one at a time.
DSCF4185.jpg
106 threads total.My eyes were hurtin by the end.
DSCF4186.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ted Sachs

Looking good Spanx. Looks like I'll have a bit of competition on the thread wrapped stuff. Try working on just the tube and doing a closed wrap. It's hard and will take many tries, but you can and will get there. The magnifying lamp will be your best friend.

When doing the closed wrap, you will continue your pattern until you meet your starting point. It takes really accurate thread work, and packing and moving threads around when you get close, but perseverance is your motto. Keep up the good work.

OZturner

Fantastic Work, Dale.
I am so far out of my Depth, it isn't funny. :confused:
Regrettably, I hardly understood anything that you said. :eek:
I think I will have to leave this process, as I think my "Use By Date" will have expired before I get to Comprehend "How in the Heck You Do It" :rolleyes:
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom