Critiques Please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fleabit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleabit

Tried my hand at a different design that others here have been doing. Not sure if I like it or not yet. Let me know your opinions.
Wenge wood on a slimline kit.

200551222825_MVC-581X2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

I'm not big on the wasp-wasted pens; I'd rather go without a centerband. I also prefer the end near the nib to mate up a little better. But, again, these are my personal preferences. On the plus side, it looks like you did a nice job with the finish on your pen!

Fleabit

I am not too keen on the wasp shape either, but it seems to sell better for some reason. I purposly left the ends larger just to test it. I am with you, not sure I like it.

DC: Good point. The upper barrel seems to take away from the design. Didnt notice it until I took the pic.

WoodChucker

You did a good job on the pen, its not my taste either. But I guess we can't always make only what we like, or we wouldn't sell to a big enough market. So if you find this style sells for you then keep turning them bad boys! [:D]

tipusnr

I like the pen. Would rather not go with the wasp waist either but have gone back to making a few of them as some customers think the metal centerband makes a more professional looking pen.

So if you're making pens for yourself - please yourself. If you're making them to sell - think variety to widen your customer base!

MDWine

It kind of looks awkward to me, but I wouldn't pass judgment until I held it! (Look at my apple pen in my album if you want to see a really ugly pen! MAN! This pen really is a stinker!)

The thing is, somewhere, sometime, somehow... someone is going to pick up your pen and marvel that you seemed to have made it just for them! Maybe even my apple 'stinker' will find a home![:(]

Gary

Sorry...but it doesn't do much for me. Rather than balance or symetry, the upper and lower barrels seem to clash.

Just as a note, several comments were made as not liking the wasp-waist pen style. When I was making Slimlines, that style was my best seller.

opfoto

I have a few weird looking SL's as well in my album. Not all are pretty but most of those have sold. Different strokes for different folks.

dubdrvrkev

I tend to make a few curvy pens now and again, the only thing that strikes me is the upper barrel pushing the clip out. It's not bad it's just one of my pet peeves. On the up side it looks like a very nice finish, specially on wenge... I hate that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom