Credit Card Build Off

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander

Maybe Dave Ramsey or some other financial GURU can host a Credit Card Build off Pen. How many creative ideas/reasons can we come up with to destroy some credit cards?? This was my first attempt, but I think the ideas are endless. Definitely have to be carefull when sanding. ( Plastic sands a little differently than Mahagony and Olivewood !!) Comments are always welcome.

2007329193614_creditcard.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

byounghusband

Sean,
I teach Dave's class and with the pieces from one class, I made the following:

tn_by_ccpen.jpg

I used almost 1/2 bottle of CA on this bad boy and it took me a few days to recover from the fumes!!![xx(][xx(]

We actually gave that one to Dave at the live event he did in Dallas in 2006. It now sits in his memorabilia room at his offices in Nashville.

Alexander

Hey bob, Now that is COOL !!
It would be neat to see someone do something similar, or even with wood, but cut out their name and inlay it so you could read it! No need for laser engraving. I may give that a shot next time.
I wonder what it would take to re-asemble that card? Now that would be a nice trick !

byounghusband

Sean,
There are somewhere around 115 layers in that pen. It was made up of about 20 cards. I did have someone say we should have tried to scan it at Wal-Mart. I doubt if I will ever try that one again though.... It was fune ONCE!!![:0]

workinforwood

interesting ideas, and nice pens. Here's an idea for you that may have not been done yet...pop cans. Cut the tops and bottoms off..roll them out flat and use them for silver striping. I haven't personally had time to do that yet, but can't see why it wouldn't work...probably look great with ebony or blackwood !

JDPens

Nice pens! I really like the credit card idea. My younger brother has collected some from all the offers we get in the mail. I'll have to see if I can snag some! [}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom