Crazy-clay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vakmere

vakmere

Have a Michaels coupon? 1/2 off, drive over there, grab a bunch of different colors then go at it. Seven colors - Orange, black, white, plum, green, yellow, and silver. An electric pasta machine makes it easier. This time I broke all the colors into fingernail size pieces then rolled them into a ball. Compacted it, roll it out, shape into a triangle, slice, then moosh it all onto pen tubes. Pen and key ring. Next option is to slice the triangle long ways then press it on a tube to get long lines for a different effect. Lot of work but the results are interesting. The twist pen was not from this batch, left overs from a camo thing so I threw it in there. Last photo is the rig I use to install the clay. 1/4x20x6 bolt, 1/4" nuts and fender washers, and the bushings for the component set I will be using. Keeps the clay off the baking pan. For trimeline/slimline twist pens I use an 8" 1/4x20 bolt and the bushings for that. Build up the CA 15 to 18 coats, sand with MM, polish, install. Use accelerator after the 4th coat. C&C welcome. Enjoy......:)

Attachments

• Crazy-clay (1).jpg
    Crazy-clay (1).jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 208
  • Crazy-clay (2).jpg
    Crazy-clay (2).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Crazy-clay (4).jpg
    Crazy-clay (4).jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg