crayon holder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

Here's something I turned tonight from a little piece of pine 2x2. Took forever to turn down with dull tools, though.
tongue.gif

It's a crayon stub holder. For my 3 year old.
laugh.gif

gallery_41188_3_53778.jpg

gallery_41188_3_62843.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

watch_art

Thanks! My boy wanted to watch me turn - but not from across the shop - so he went back inside. I figured, well, I'm out here, I'm going to make SOMEthing.

Shock me

Took forever to turn down with dull tools, though.
tongue.gif
You're probably joking but I'd give a big thumb down for turning with dull tools. I'd consider at least some form of decent sharpening capability to be a prerequisite before the turning begins. Nice crayon holder though!

watch_art

No. Not joking. Pretty dull. All I have right now at my disposal is a piece of fine-ish grit sandpaper sort of taped to my table. I've been using that to put an 'edge' on my chisel. I've got a grinder on the way to sharpen these, and also ordered a pen chuck pro carbide tool.

Thanks very much for the compliment. My boy loves it!

bensoelberg

That was one of the first things that I made also. I drilled the hole so that the crayon just barely fit in. I figured it wouldn't do much good if the crayon just kept falling out. I put a crayon in, and it was such a tight fit that it never came back out again. :frown::rolleyes: I like the idea of the slots and with the ring to clamp it down. Maybe I'll revisit that idea...

Top Bottom