Coyote Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Constant Laubscher

This is a new pen that I have made since I cam back from Holiday.
I named it " Coyote "

The weight of the components ( SS parts, tube, spring, refill) is only 33g, it is 26% less than a Liberty.

It has a twist mechanism with a Parker style refill. ( The only parts not made in the USA )

Attachments

• coyote 5 (841 x 300).jpg
    coyote 5 (841 x 300).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 767
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Are these as well as bushings available for purchase in a timely manner, or is there a substantial wait for either?

Dan Masshardt

Is the lower section the same as liberty?

Looks like a clip similar to the desire / Hancock and a new finial that's not tapered much

Can we see another pic or two of the clip and finial from a different angle?

I'm ready to buy a few to try!

The shape is similar to the liberty but a lot smaller for that lower section
The clip is laser cut from stainless but different dimensions
It uses a 3/8 " tube.
The parts are only .440" for the front and .450" for the back part of the pen that receives the mechanism.

Dan Masshardt

The shape is similar to the liberty but a lot smaller for that lower section The clip is laser cut from stainless but different dimensions It uses a 3/8 " tube. The parts are only .440" for the front and .450" for the back part of the pen that receives the mechanism.

Thank you!

Will the price point be similar to the liberty?

Here is the Size comparison Between a Liberty and a Coyote pen.

The Coyote is about 1/8th shorter and the diameter of the Coyote pen kit is +/- .056" smaller.
(Coyote - .440" front /.450" back) ( Liberty - .500" front & back)

The nib section is also much smaller in diameter.

The Tube size for the Coyote pen is 3/8 versus the Liberty that is 27/64th

The total weight of all the components of the Coyote is 26% less that that of the Liberty kit.

Last edited:

SteveG

You have got me DROOLING!!!
I have had to clean up the ole keyboard and desk twice already. I have long awaited options for a high class pen that was smaller in size. Unfortunately, the offerings either went to "bigger is better" or "bling and flash is better". This one looks like the thinking is that "Better is better!". Don't wait too long, I NEED it!:biggrin:

One question: single or double action trans?

Aloha!

You have got me DROOLING!!!
I have had to clean up the ole keyboard and desk twice already. I have long awaited options for a high class pen that was smaller in size. Unfortunately, the offerings either went to "bigger is better" or "bling and flash is better". This one looks like the thinking is that "Better is better!". Don't wait too long, I NEED it!:biggrin:

One question: single or double action trans?

Aloha!

Single action

SteveG

Great to know it is single action.

Often times a potential customer will pick up a double action, try it, then go to close it, but twist right past the closed position, and re-extend the refill. THEN FROWN, THEN FIDDLE WITH IT, THEN FROWN AGAIN, THEN PUT IT BACK. I just described a bad first impression that I see way too many times. Where ever possible, I replace a double action with single, IOT have a GOOD first impression. As an aside, I personally do not double action, even knowing that it is. Simple is better, single action is better!

TonyL

My First Coyote Pen

As expected, Constant's craftsmanship is outstanding. Its size and weight is exactly as he described it relative to the Liberty. This will replace my Patriot as my all-around carry pen. The picture made SS look more like gun metal. That's just a matter of my amateur photo taking skills. I matched it up with a Woodturningz' Genesis Blue Bird blank. Very nice blank, but first of the three Genesis blanks that I should have reverse painted (in this case, a light blue or grey IMO). The brass tube is somewhat visible, but some may find it complementary. I am very please with the Coyote (and blank) especially if you are looking for a lighter and narrower alternative to the Liberty. Interestingly, I believe the tube is slightly longer allowing more material to show.

Attachments

• Coyote Blue Bird.jpg
    Coyote Blue Bird.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 150

TonyL

Thank you. The brass tube shows through in some spots, but not too much. It is not detectable in the photo. The pens is for me, so I am not concerned about it. I am really enjoying it. Thank you for the compliments.

Top Bottom