For Cowgirls Only

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks to the inventor of the prickly pear cactus blank.

200611186319_LaCactusFemmeV1.jpg

200611186347_LaCactusFemmeV2.jpg

Thanks for looking. [8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Looks great Lou ---you have taken those to the next level.
Hope your catus blank sales are still keeping you busy----I am hopeing the blanks you sent me arrive today.

mikes pens

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Thanks to the inventor of the prickly pear cactus blank.

That is neat - a cactus blank. Who is "the inventor of the prickly pear cactus blank"?

mikes pens

Gee, sorry to start an argument. Lou just said thanks to the inventor of the prickly pear cactus blank. I was just curious about who had this great idea. Way to think outside the box Curtis.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by MesquiteMan
<br />The discussion was that I invented the cactus pen.

I would think that your statement is a little misleading.

If you check in the photo albums you will find 2 photo's from Penworks of pens made from cactus parts and a photo from Woodchucher of a pen made from cactus root that predates your work.

Perhaps you should clarify yourself as the inventor of the prickly pear cactus pen. Or the cast prickly pear cactus pen.

Scott Hettel
Inventor of the Sierra Pencil

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks for the <u>kind</u> comments about the pen. The background is kind of swirled pastel blue and purple with gold highlights...at least that's what the ladies at work told me. The resin is clear such that the depth of the cactus skeleton is observable. And Gerry - Have you been reading my mail? Actually, next comes peach (at the special request of a friend). Pink will have to come later. If I missed answering any questions, send me an email! [8D]

20061118234610_BlueCactusDetail.jpg
<br />

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Lou,

What did you use to color the inside of the blank if you would be so kind to share. If you would rather keep it a secret, I completely understand. Oh yeah, great cast prickly pear cactus skeleton pen!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks again for the kind words. Curtis, I have virtually no secrets about any of my pens. The blanks are painted with dollar store (not the trademark name, but one of that variety) acrylic paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom