Cow horn pen-fixed picture sorry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Snazzypens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snazzypens

I have a cow horn pen this is the horn I found yesterday that I was asking about..I did not let it dry. [:I] the red part is acrylic. I drilled through the side of the horn.:(
I look forward to your feedback both good and bad.
bye Toni

Got a better photo I hope.[:I]

2006102525140_horn%202.jpg

This is a close up of the horn section on top

2006102525035_horn%20close%20up.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Snazzypens

very little at a time or she chips badly. but if you just take little bits at a time. no such thing as rushing
Toni[:)]

Hi Toni,

I like the look of that horn, I am not into bone turning but the look gives it a nice different look that some of the more porous materials I have seen.

A save is a save, this one looks fine to me, well done[:D]

Snazzypens

Mate they are except this horn had never been de tipped and the tip is solid down about 2-3" and that where I got the blanks from. also i noticed the closer it gets to the top the thicker the walls became. Like you may even get a slimline out of the walls if cut the piece wider. Oh well I find another one one day or go see our local butcher..[:p]
bye
toni

Boy if you could get a Texas Longhorn that was solid at the tip, you might a foot or so of usable horn... there was a small herd in Humble, Texas (there really such a place) that had one steer that must have had 6 or 7 feet between horn tips.

Snazzypens

perhaps, I have no idea it be right if you could. that set you in blanks until you got real sick of turning them[:)] I love to see a rack that big..
Toni

Snazzypens

Well here in Winton some might only get in the yard for the first time full grown and they just clip off the tips.
Toni

Snazzypens

Originally posted by ozmandus
<br />there was a small herd in Humble, Texas (there really such a place) that had one steer that must have had 6 or 7 feet between horn tips.
My brother was wondering do you have any pictures. he would love to see a photo of that size horn.
Thanks Toni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom