Couple from the weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Nothing too clever here, but new for me anyway. First is another Pool Cue pen. See here if you want to see how I made it. Next is one of those newish Rialto kits. ( There are other names for it, but looks like a screw cap Zen) I had a pre-tubed MOP blank that I wanted to use on it but had to mod the fitting to make them fit in the blank.
This is the first time I've used these kits and I'm really not impressed by the threaded end finial. To me, the ends of the threads are very sharp. All of the others will definately become closed ended pens.
Finally, as I'm turning the big five-oh in a couple of days,:frown: my missus treated me to a ton of 'Workshop Sundries' to play with,:biggrin: including several lengths of real Titanium. The EB and the clicker are very basic B2B on the outside, but it was a real learning curve boring out the inside. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the long story, but hope you like anyway:wink:

Attachments

• WC22.jpg
    WC22.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 278
  • MOPRialto.jpg
    MOPRialto.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 318
  • ReturnedParts.jpg
    ReturnedParts.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 229
  • TiOnTi.jpg
    TiOnTi.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 347
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

They all look good to me. On the cue stick one you need a different backdrop color. It washes it out.

Russianwolf

nice.

If you like the Rialto but don't like the threads, try the stretch that Laulauwoods.com has. It's based on the Jr. Gent and the threads aren't sharp.

wood-of-1kind

Skippy you're not getting "older" but perhaps even "better" with age, even though it must be tough improving on "perfection". I particularly like the pool cue styling.:)

IPD_Mr

Not only did you announce that you are going to be a half century old, then you use words like sundries to show your age. I would ask what is wrong with you but you already said your original post was long. :biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

As always you tend to put most of us to shame yet do so in a way that encourages us to be as creative as you. Well done as always.

Oh and in case you had not heard, stay away from London on Friday. :laugh:

76winger

With my wife pool player, I'm definitely interested in learning ways to make a good representation of a cue like you did. Great work!

bluwolf

Finally, as I'm turning the big five-oh in a couple of days,:frown: my missus treated me to a ton of 'Workshop Sundries' to play with,:biggrin: including several lengths of real Titanium. The EB and the clicker are very basic B2B on the outside, but it was a real learning curve boring out the inside. :rolleyes:

Skip, I would love to hear the details on the boring of the titanium. I've had a short length of it sitting in my shop, laughing at me, for a couple years now. And congratulations on your upcoming birthday. It ain't so bad:)

Mike

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks all:biggrin:

.........Oh and in case you had not heard, stay away from London on Friday. :laugh:

Why?:confused: What's happening on Friday??:confused: I'll be busy anyway....I'm going to an old girlfriend's wedding. She asked me to come and check out her fiance. Apparently he thinks he's someone special and I need to put him in his place before Kate say's 'I do' :laugh:

LOL, I believe the Royal Wedding is even bigger in USA than it is here?. You guys are nuts. :tongue:

crabcreekind

Your photography on the first pen is sweet, it looks like it never ends. I dont if that was what you were shooting for but its a pretty cool picture.

Top Bottom